News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sfdann

sfdann Profile Photo
Member Name: sfdann
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The best and worst musicals based off of a movie.
 May 20 2009, 09:25:15 PM
The Wedding Singer is a fantastic version of a movie, honestly. The song 'If I Told You' is such a perfect theatrical interpretation of the best moment in that movie.

I also think The Full Monty is a better broadway show than it is a film. The music and McNally's book tell the story in a more dynamic way. I love it.

Carrie comes to mind as the worst attempt at putting a movie on stage, with Lestat a close second.

re: In The Heights Understudies
 May 20 2009, 09:21:59 PM
I went to see the show without knowing a thing about anyone. The actor who MADE the show for me was Marcy. I just cared about Vanessa the way she played it. And when I bought the CD and listened to Karen (who had BETTER AS HELL win the Tony for what she did in West Side Story), I decided I will always prefer Marcy as Vanessa - she plays it stronger than the way it sounds like Karen played it (and from the clips of her I've seen). That being said, when I went back to see it a second time (aga
re: 1776
 May 19 2009, 11:53:40 AM
On why Roger Sherman says he should not be writing the Declaration of Independence..

"I don't know a participle from a predicate, I am just a simple cobbler from Connecticut..."

HOLY GOODNESS - Sondheim would be proud of this one.

Not only are the lyrics way above average but the plot line is quite gripping - even as we all know the ending, we are kept on the edge of our seats. And it still extraordinarily relevant - it should be mandatory viewing for EVERY member of

re: Brantley and Isherwood Tony Predictions
 May 18 2009, 04:01:00 AM
I think its crazy to suggest that Tveit should be a best actor nominee and it is EQUALLY crazy that he is not a best featured actor nominee - a category I believe he should have won for this performance (not for his appearance in boxer shorts). When Alice wins (which everyone understands) it is the connection she creates with Tveit that makes the entire journey believable and worthwhile. He is as intense in the role as his nominated sister, nominated father and nominated mother - the performan
re: Happiness.........?
 May 12 2009, 11:40:11 AM
Extremely well said. The good material is SO good that it makes other moments seem less than - its not that the material isn't good - its just that some of it is outrageously good. The moments you describe - Jenny Powers (in EVERYTHING) and Sebastian's opening and closing are so spot on that I can't get enough of them. The WWII number is performed with great care and love, as is the baseball stadium and hospital scenes. You can feel the audience completely rise out of their seats and the app
re: Happiness.........?
 May 10 2009, 11:14:52 PM
I want to thank every member of the creative team, the orchestra and the actors who bring this remarkable piece to audiences every night. It is the best thing I have seen in New York this year - and it is SO ambitious. This brave cast busts their asses every night as if they are committed to 'saving' each and every audience member personally so that we live the happiest life possible and snap out of a cynical world of absenteeism. Naturally, critics are not going to understand or appreciate t
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You