News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Me2

Me2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Me2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lonette McKee and Show Boat
 Dec 22 2008, 01:00:21 PM
I saw her in Showboat when I was really young and she was the absolute standout to me back in 3rd grade... I know, doesnt say much but still remember her performance pretty darn well considering how long ago it was. I dont know that she has been up to recently, I know shes done a couple of TV movies here and there but thats all I've seen of her.
re: Embarrassed by 'fans'
 Dec 7 2008, 12:48:32 PM
Have we mentioned The Wedding Singer? Because those fans totally freaked me out. When i saw the show there were a whole bunch of crazy girls talking about the show like they were best friends with everyone in it. And the whole dressing up thing? I wanted to smack them all. The girls sitting by me were so obnoxious and would freak at every little thing. Aside from the fact that i hated the show, i probably hated it even more because of the people sitting around me.
re: Billy Elliot's women
 Nov 23 2008, 09:40:22 PM
I've seen the show both in London and on Broadway and I have to say that after seeing the London production I wasnt blown away. After seeing the Broadway production I definitely was blown away. I cant even tell you what exactly it was but i definitely enjoyed it much more seeing it here in NY. I think it also helped that i could understand what the actors were saying a lot easier here than in London.
re: Damn Yankees to Transfer?
 Oct 30 2008, 11:08:32 PM
I don't think that this should transfer, I was at opening and even the great crowd couldn't get me to really enjoy it. It was jut okay. But the transfer has been in the works since it was at Encore. Its basically a done deal. In my opinion its probably not a very good idea but oh well...
re: Damn Yankees to Transfer?
 Oct 29 2008, 08:44:17 PM
This has been set to happen for quite a while now.
re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
 Jul 20 2008, 03:12:45 AM
I have to say, Winston has a point. BroadwaynSeventh2 - Its very immature to jump on someone because they're hesitant to believe something that hasn't even been officially confirmed. And why get so defensive anyway?

There was also no need for the use of the word "retard". In my opinion, that was completely uncalled for and many people would consider that offensive.

Personally, I'd rather see Merle in the last performance over Tracie but thats just my opinion.

re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
 Jun 16 2008, 12:37:29 AM
She was pretty damn hilarious. And l loved the spring awakening hair!
re: Show Boat at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 13 2008, 01:45:49 AM
I was also at the concert. I really did enjoy it because i hadn't seen it since it was in previews at the Gershwin in 1994. It was also my first broadway show so as soon as i read about this concert i got tickets right away.

I was sitting in the back of the house and it did seem like we were losing the clarity of what the actors were saying or singing. I know all the music so i was able to follow along but i was with someone who had never seen the show and she just couldnt follow what w

re: Drowsy Chaperone Street Team
 Mar 15 2007, 01:04:22 AM
None of the street team members are in the cast.

And there are a bunch of people who work on the street team but some people just work more often than others. I guess some people do work a lot though.

re: Daphne Rubin-Vega - Joe's Pub - 1/15/07
 Jan 19 2007, 01:12:32 AM
I was there also. I thought the gig was great and I LOVED her outfit. Not just anyone can pull that off... most people probably can't actually.

Last time she had a gig at Joes pub I was seated pretty much right ontop of the stage. It was kind of uncomfortably close actually. At that show I did have a lot of trouble inderstanding what she was singing, I think it may be the seat though because for this past one I was sitting further back and I could understand everything just fine.

re: My 11/25/06 Tarzan Review
 Nov 26 2006, 06:20:20 PM
Wait, someone asked if they could adopt Merle?
re: Tarzan on the Today show- Tomorrow!!
 Sep 17 2006, 01:16:44 AM
I missed this this morning. Is it on the internet anywhere?
re: Merle Dandridge at ArsNova
 Sep 12 2006, 12:03:46 AM
Merle was UNBELIEVABLE tonight. She never fails to amaze me with her talent. My favorites were The Hidden Sky, I am a Woman and Elaborate Lives (which by the way TOTALLY made me shed a tear or 2...)

Oh, and that Korean Christmas carols part was awesome also!

re: Tarzan Student Rush
 Aug 28 2006, 11:41:05 PM
I believe that they've stopped giving front row seats as rush and change it to only the last row of the orch...
re: Garth Kravits
 Aug 23 2006, 12:32:09 AM
Yes, Garth is on vacation this week
Tickets for Merle Dandridge's Gig on Sale
 Aug 18 2006, 12:44:57 AM
Tickets for the re-scheduled (September 11th) gig are now on sale in case anyone is interested.

http://www.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/16110;jsessionid=58A60F29DB7F0F4DBCD90CA4D37B9904.app2

re: MOTHER COURAGE
 Aug 13 2006, 12:12:16 AM
So, what time did people start lining up?
re: Anybody going to see MOTHER COURAGE? Post your thoughts here
 Aug 12 2006, 03:52:35 AM
Does anyone know what time people have been lining up at the public for tickets? I know for the 1st preview it was like 10:30 but I'm assuming it has gotten earlier.
re: Merle Dandridge at Ars nova tonight
 Aug 9 2006, 03:35:11 AM
Yea, it was rescheduled. I'll most definitely be there on the 11th. I dont think theatermania has tickets up to be purchased yet though. I cant wait for this. I've been looking forward to it for quite a while.
re: 24601!
 Aug 2 2006, 08:32:47 PM
Randal Keith was amazing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You