pixeltracker

Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway

Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#1Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:20am

It has yet to be formally announced, but Tracie Thoms will be closing out Rent on Broadway as Joanne Jefferson. She will take over the role on July 26th.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:20am

http://www.compulsivebowlers.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8135&highlight=

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MungoGypsy8232
#2re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:21am

this makes me very happy :)

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#3re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:23am

Good for her, about time she get's to RENT on Broadway. I can't wait for the THING to be leaked.

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#4re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:30am

That-is-AWESOME! She was one of the two great things about the film (along with Rosario Dawson).

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum

FranzRelax
#5re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:31am

whooooo

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#6re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:54am

I don't know if I believe this. I thought it was announced when Merel Dandrige sp? joined the cast that she was going to be the final Joanne. And she herself had said in one of her myspace blogs that she was going to close Rent and then move on as Lady of The Lake in Spamalot.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

BroadwaynSeventh2
#7re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:55am

Don't believe it. That's cool. But expect to feel like a retard when she announces it soon. :)

Her music page has already announced it. She herself is not allowed to say anything to the public until it is officially announced.

Updated On: 7/19/08 at 12:55 AM

Craww
#8re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 1:18am

Oh, man. MAN.

Not fair, I wanna go. re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#9re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 1:45am

-- "I can't wait for the THING to be leaked."

What "THING"?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 3:01am

It's allowed to aloud.

roquat
#11re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 3:15am

I wish she wasn't trapped in that stupid "Cold Case"...

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#12re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 7:21am

I may just have to see her.

BroadwaynSeventh2
#13re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 8:56am

Please inform me when Broadway World turned into Grammar School.

Thanks for playing!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 9:08am

Good for her, though I think she is a bit too talented to be in the show at this point. I thought she was one of the very few redeeming qualities of the RENT film, and she has been top notch in just about every show/film I've seen her in.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#15re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 9:50am

i wonder how long she'll be in, I'm getting flashbacks to Donny Osmond playing the final performance of Beauty and the Beast as Gaston

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 9:52am

Good for her! I remember hearing her talk about how she always wanted to be in the show, so this is great.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#17re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 10:01am

love her!!! If anyone hasn't seen the movie "Death Proof" yet, SEE IT, it's worth it just for the final 30 minutes with her!

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#18re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 10:01am

She posted it on her myspace blog that she will be closing the show

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=39797527&blogID=416182647&Mytoken=76CCAAC3-3E1C-4BC0-8A948E0F2113BB3E94260764==

she already listed one day that she wont be there bc of Cold Case, which is August 10th...Can't wait to see her!!!!!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#19re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 11:31am

Well the only reason I was going to go down to see it again was for Merle and Eden's "Take Me or Leave Me." So now I don't feel as bad missing it. Don't get me wrong, it would be exciting for Tracie to join, but I was more excited for Merle!

::bust a move::

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#21re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 11:49am

Thanks BroadwaynSeventh2 for being a dick. I NEVER believe anything about casting I hear on a message board without some sort of link. I always wait for an article form a reliable source such as Broadwayworld, Playbill etc etc. Now that I saw the link I do believe it. But, I don't feel like a retard and it was immature of you to call me that and act that way.

Now that I have seen the link I wonder how long it will be until the producers ask her to take it down and wait for something offical until she can re post it back on her blog.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

mauriposa
#22re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:01pm

I'm with Winston. While I would really enjoy it if this were true, I'm of the "no link, no fact" camp. There are too many rumors floating around here to take anything at face value.

BroadwaynSeventh2
#23re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:06pm

You're welcome, winston89. I am just making up for what you are lacking. :)

And you're right, I had no link. I can see why you didn't believe me, but I was told from Tracie herself. And she has posted a blog about it now, therefor it is true.

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#24re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:11pm

YAY! Good for her!

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

Videos