News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaygiant19122

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaygiant19122
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is Macbeth hard to see from the lyceum balcony?  Mar 29 2008, 02:57:42 PM
Help?
Is Macbeth hard to see from the lyceum balcony?  Mar 29 2008, 02:09:49 PM
If the balcony is the only option for a poor theater-loving student,is the balcony worth it or way too high and distant? Cheap seats at the st.james any better?
re: Ever After  Apr 22 2007, 08:24:20 AM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/94291.html

Dated July of 2005. Assuming it's still valid.

re: For all of you who have seen Frost/Nixon, I have one last ?....  Apr 6 2007, 02:48:22 PM
I know productions vary, but has anyone sat in this area for anything else at the Jacobs?.
For all of you who have seen Frost/Nixon, I have one last ?....  Apr 6 2007, 01:54:40 PM
How are the sightlines from Row A left? I believe it's two rows from the stage. I understand the rush are sold front row center, but haven't heard much about people sitting this close. Appreciate any help.
Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?  Apr 2 2007, 01:50:02 PM
I know previews just began but I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity for F/N rush yet. As I understand , it's first row seating. I am just wondering how early one should get there if interested in the evening performance, or whether one could sneak in right before curtain. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
re: Year of Magical Thinking Availability?  Mar 27 2007, 09:31:30 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate your opinions. Veuve- I am surprised. What didn't you like?. Any more opinions?
Year of Magical Thinking Availability?  Mar 27 2007, 08:28:56 AM
Telecharge isn't budging.."no seats available". I am from out of town, and was wondering whether scoring a ticket the day of the show was even possible. Will there be any online availability as the day gets closer? Willing to do Rush/SRO or anything (short of premium seats). BIG Joan Didion fan. Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Tennis Players,Tricky Dick or Joan Didion?  Mar 17 2007, 12:23:49 AM
A trip in April has popped up and I have an opportunity to catch one of these three shows(Deuce,Frost/Nixon,Year Of Magical Thinking). I have a strong interest in all three, and can't decide. I have read all the buzz,reviews,etc...can anyone provide any more persusasive comments,suggestions,etc?.

re: Any word on casting for Shakespeare In The Park's Romeo and Juliet?  Mar 12 2007, 07:41:32 PM
well thats interesting, i really like her. i didn't see caroline, or change but love the cast recording. I definitely saw dreamgirls. does she have any kind of classical training?
Any word on casting for Shakespeare In The Park's Romeo and Juliet?  Mar 12 2007, 07:27:43 PM
Any rumors,thoughts,inspired choices?
re: August Wilson and The Pittsburgh Cycle. Let's talk about him.  Dec 11 2006, 04:12:51 PM
Were you able to catch it at Yale or any other out of town productions? (I think there was one more somewhere else)

What are your thoughts on Hedley?

I am interesting in creating some kind of meaningful dialogue on these plays, either printed or performed. With all the fame Wilson has achieved, there should be more to talk about.

re: August Wilson and The Pittsburgh Cycle. Let's talk about him.  Dec 11 2006, 03:47:30 PM
I'm really excited to start the plays in chronological order. From what I have read, it isn't necessary but it enriches the experience. Margo-- your thoughts were fascinating and thought-provoing. I like having an idea of what to expect as far as Wilson's dramatic form goes. What's the word on Radio Golf..is it still this season? I can't make it to Two Trains Running..but I think I am going to pick up KHII tickets , just so I can see something of Wilson's performed(well aside from Radio Golf whe
re: August Wilson and The Pittsburgh Cycle. Let's talk about him.  Dec 11 2006, 01:47:35 PM
What else have you read? are you reading it in order?
re: August Wilson and The Pittsburgh Cycle. Let's talk about him.  Dec 11 2006, 01:41:51 PM
any other thoughts?
re: August Wilson and The Pittsburgh Cycle. Let's talk about him.  Dec 11 2006, 11:03:44 AM
have you read all of his work? do you have favorites?
August Wilson and The Pittsburgh Cycle. Let's talk about him.  Dec 11 2006, 08:58:44 AM
I have wanted to read Wilson's Cycle for ages. I just picked up Gem and Joe Turner. I haven't seen too much on Wilson, with occasional references here and there. The little I have seen seems to suggest he was one of the greats, as does his track record. I was just wondering what people thought about the cycle of plays. Which do you like, which don't you like?. I'm curious.
re: English History....any plays on the topic?  Sep 17 2006, 02:28:45 PM
That's true. I realized after I posted-- I am actually reading the eight for a class i am taking. Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep them coming.
English History....any plays on the topic?  Sep 17 2006, 01:59:42 PM
I am on a bit of an Elizabeth I kick. I have watched the movie with Cate Blanchett, and am immersed in the Helen Mirren miniseries. I was wondering if there have been any plays based on her, or any member of the Tudor Family. Thanks in advance.
RICHARD II- CSC Question  Sep 12 2006, 10:15:39 PM
Any idea how long? Reviews?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You