News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
#1Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/2/07 at 1:50pm

I know previews just began but I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity for F/N rush yet. As I understand , it's first row seating. I am just wondering how early one should get there if interested in the evening performance, or whether one could sneak in right before curtain. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 10:51am

I was there this morning.

Rush tickets can be purchased IN ADVANCE.

$26.25, front row.

I bought a ticket this morning for Thursday night's performance.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#2re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 10:54am

Advance student tickets. That's good news.

Let us know how the seats are.

Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 10:57am

I will. There are 12 seats available per performance. The entire front row. Center.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

iluvtheatertrash
#4re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 11:23am

I'm heading up tonight in hopes of scoring one for tomorrow's matinee. If not, for Saturday night, perhaps.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#5re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:38pm

Yes. $26.25 in advance. However I was told they were best available, they didn’t mention front row. Also 1 ticket per ID per performance.

(I was thinking that if you wanted to go with someone and didn’t mind not sitting next to them, you could buy one ticket one day and go back the next day and get another ticket to the same show)

The Royal BO man is possibilly the nicest person working in any theatre BO.

"Have they come yet?"
Updated On: 4/3/07 at 12:38 PM

Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:41pm

Well, I got AA 101 for Thursday, so my best guess is nobody needs to camp out. The box office guy was very friendly.

-Kad

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#7re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:48pm

I was there last night and the orchestra was pretty full from what I could see...but I didn't notice students in the front row...I was in row G dead center.

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#8re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 1:27pm

My only worry is that they will sell out of rush before I make to NYC next month. All though the good thing is that I won't have to get up at 5am to make the rush line.

Yankeefan007
#9re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:17pm

Student Rush is available in advance. Got a great seat on the front row aisle for a few weeks from now.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#10re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:23pm

Langella and Sheen give excellent performances, and the ending especially was edge-of-your-seat exciting, and even though the play was very enjoyable, it didn't move me. I still think Inherit the Wind is the best play (revival, I know) this season and Christopher Plummer gives one of the best performances by a leading actor that I've ever seen. I hope he wins the Tony.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:26pm

I'm seeing it tonight. I can't wait!

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

April Saul
#12re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:46pm

I have to differ with one of the posters here; it is definitely two tickets per student ID, not just one. I dragged my student daughter over there just yesterday to get us a pair. It's my understanding that it's only the twelve front row center seats for each show that are eligible, so they may start to go quickly, especially if the show is well-reviewed...and yes, the box office people there seem very nice!

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#13re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 4/3/07 at 4:19pm

Sorry if I was wrong. I stoped by the BO last week and thats what I was told. Maybe it has changed since then.

"Have they come yet?"

Nathan_Lane_Rules!
#14re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 5/18/07 at 4:11pm

Hey... does anybody know if I can buy one of these tickets without physically being at the box office?

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#15re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 5/18/07 at 4:41pm

i don't think so, Nathan. how can you show your ID if you aren't there?

Chrysanthemum62001
#16re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/6/07 at 7:20pm

*Bump*

Has anyone rushed the show recently? I was hoping to go soon and wanted everything cleared up before I try to trek into the city to see this. Talkin Broadway says the tickets are only available the day of the performance. Are they mis-informed, or has the policy just changed?

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#17re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/6/07 at 7:23pm

I'm curious about this is as well. does anyone know how the line is. I'd love to see a Sunday mat. but won't be able to get to the theater until 12. What are the chances I'll still get tickets? Thnanks everyone.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#18re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/13/07 at 11:15am

bumping this thread...

I was hoping to catch the show tonight and get some rush tickets for it, but probably won't be able to get there until 7. Would I still be able to get tickets or is that pushing it?? Any help would be wonderful, THANKS re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#19re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:50pm

I'm going to be rushing this Friday...anybody know what would be a good time to go in and get two tickets? I'd prefer to go later in the day after the box office opens but don't know if this is pushing my luck.

Yankeefan007
#20re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:52pm

I'm planning on rushing the matinee. I'll post findings.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#21re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 11:16pm

Thanks, Yankeefan. I appreciate it.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#22re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:19pm

I rarely do this...but *bump* Anyone?

Wanna Be A Foster
#23re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:40pm

They are not selling the theatre out. I can't imagine that they would be turning away any students this late in the run.

-Kad

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#24re: Frost/Nixon Rush..any word?
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:40am

Buy the rush tix in advance if you can. I think they set # of rush tickets they are selling, it's not like they sell any left over tickets as rush.

Videos