News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYactor85

Member Name: NYactor85
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews  Aug 2 2023, 02:01:02 PM

legit got an email 10 minutes ago from tdf saying todays show is cancelled

THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022  Apr 6 2022, 05:03:43 PM

Saw it today. Loved it.  Noah Reid is really an easy good fit for that role (cannot picture Armie Hammer in that part but could see him as some of the other roles).

The last 30 minutes are incredible and the show is pretty funny for the around 75 minutes (agree about Austin Pendleton and Tony's)

Also got a tdf ticket: orchestra row F dead center

The Watering Hole  Jun 24 2021, 11:47:09 PM
This was my first theatrical experience since the start of the pandemic. It is a theatrical installation using ALOT of The Signature Theatre. There are about 10 "stops" and about half of them are quite moving (I personally really loved "The Spray Cap" one). Like all of Nottage's work it's beautiful and moving.

It's well worth the 25 dollars

Plays about Supreme Court Justices  Apr 25 2019, 01:25:19 AM
Arguendo by Elevator Repair Service
Do you Feel Anger  Mar 24 2019, 03:05:39 AM
Saw it today with little knowledge of the show except that it was a high pace comedy. Got TodayTix Rush (front row). Cast was game. Script can use a rewrite (I feel like the boss has no purpose until basically the end)

When it was funny it was very funny. When it was trying to be and not succeeding, it was rough

The ending was truly sad abd beautiful. Won't ruin it but I wish the this 90 minute play got there in a different way.

Mike Birbiglia's The New One coming to Broadway  Sep 26 2018, 06:34:18 PM
Was fortunate to see this at Cherry Lane and would put this up there with Sleepwalk with Me.

Will not reveal anything about this show. The surprises are beautiful

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews  Aug 1 2018, 01:09:25 PM
I did the $50 orchestra code Saturday night and got center 6th row.

WHAT ARE THE VERY BEST SEATS FOR SWEENEY TODD?  Jul 29 2018, 12:32:20 PM
I was in c-7 and had a great view and 2 interactions, one with Tobias and a terrifiying one with Sweeney
Gettin the Band Back Together  Jul 29 2018, 12:30:28 PM
I saw this yesterday. I went in skeptical. Found an amazing discount code yesterday ($50 5th row orchestra center? Yes and baffling) Im almost 33. I also got a but eh when Ken D came out to hype up a crowd that honestly already seemed hyped.

First act was weak. I really didn't find the show fun until maybe 30 minutes in. The main character is a bore. The other characters are very solid but take time to get going.

Top of Act 2, the show clicks and doesn't stop for the rest of th

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 11:31:54 AM

I wanted previews and cheap. I got april 18th dress circle row rear for $20 a ticket.

So victory 

Jesus Hopped the A Train Signature  Oct 15 2017, 01:21:58 AM

Saw this tonight from second row center.  It was their second show with Sean. Thet said he may ask for line and will possibly be walking around with the script. He did. First act he maybe looked down twice. Second act was more. 

But it didnt matter, the show as a whole was lovely and swept you up. Ive read this show several times and really loved the journey and the performances by Angel and Lucius are fantastic. Another amazing show from Signature theatre

2017 Shakespeare in the Park  May 24 2017, 11:32:58 AM

The performances are solid, the edit is perfect length,  the set is really cool (kind of looked like the DC Metro at certain times). The Trump stuff, if massaged, may be ok at best. But it needs a good massage.

Although Calpurnia's monologue works as Melania, shockingly well

When to show up for Hamilton matinee lotto?  Jun 16 2016, 11:04:10 AM

As someone who has done the live lottery over 30 times (and accidently became a pundit about it, I swear that is not a joke) it sounds like it was like December over at the RRT, in the holidays it just wrapped soo much it got stuck in times sq. Recently the line was as small as probably 900 people (barely considered small) but I prefer the in person compared to the digital.

Also still never won....one day

LDJIN Audience Disruption  Jun 11 2016, 11:52:37 PM

It's a tricky line. I missed the explosion during intermission so I just heard the random screaming and crying. I actually thought the laughter felt genuine in that weird cathartic way. Granted  as an audience certain things should be upheld.

I am shocked I was able to enjoy act 4 with that weird reaching noise she made that convinced me I was going to be puked on for a good time minutes. 

Still amazing show

LDJIN Audience Disruption  Jun 11 2016, 07:40:00 PM

I was at that show (possibly next to you. I was rear mezz row E). I posted about this that night. Was in bathroom line dusing intermission so missed that.

Blackbird lighting  Jun 2 2016, 03:30:34 AM

Saw Blackbird today,  loved it.  Have read the script many times since college when it came out.  Noticed something weird today:

Were there no lights in the theatre to light the stage?  Was every light practical (except the spotlight during her monologue).  I was in a weird spot in the orchestra where i was under the mezz overhang and couldn't see any lights anywhere except the stage.  I sound like I never seen theatre before.  Just was cool how i

"Dear Evan Hansen" - NO  May 30 2016, 06:25:40 PM

I'm happy you liked American Psycho and Brit Star (2 very underrated musicals) and not to start anything I don't fully understand your criticism for Dear Evan Hansen.  Seems like it just didn't click?  Never seen the show. appreciate the reviews

Signature Theatre Stage Door  May 29 2016, 01:29:10 AM

I believe they come out of the lobby by the restrooms for that space. Enjoy those shows they are quite something

Visceral reaction at LONG DAY...  May 23 2016, 01:15:38 PM

The thing is this person was clearly devastated from either the play or something in her personal life as her friend kept trying to console her.  It made for a very awkward last hour in a relatively quiet play

Honestly, i hope that person is ok

Visceral reaction at LONG DAY...  May 23 2016, 12:38:56 PM

Saw the show yesterday. Really enjoyed it a lot. Thought they needed a second intermission (between 3 and 4) but that's not the reason I'm posting today.

Yesterday, there was a woman behind me that at the top of act 4 was cackling in the "funny part" (it is funny but not to chortle/snort level). She cackled for the first 10 minutes of the act. I figured sure, she's enjoying the show. Cool.  Then a few minutes later I hear her crying softly. And then in t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You