News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MelFromLI

Member Name: MelFromLI
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Breaking News! RENT to Open at New World Stages August 11; Previews Begin July 14 - Open Calls Announced!
 Feb 25 2011, 10:25:55 AM
Excellent!! I'm excited to see what they come up with! Glad to see Michael G directing to! This would be Rent's 15th year, so I'm glad to see they're doing something to celebrate.
BWW TV: RENT in Rehearsal at the Hollywood Bowl!
 Aug 4 2010, 10:54:54 AM
I am a Renthead and I approve this video

Looks great NPH!

Stokes, LuPone, Scott & More to Star in WOMEN ON THE VERGE
 Jul 26 2010, 03:38:39 PM
OMG Fantastic!!!!
Your 1st Broadway show
 Jul 26 2010, 03:36:32 PM
First B-Way show was the OBC of “Ragtime”! Prior to that, though, I had worked in a community theater, so I saw “How to Succeed…”, “Rocky Horror Picture Show”, “Brigadoon”, and “The King and I” among others. I still have such fond memories of those times this many years later
"Hair" - 3/7/10
 Mar 9 2010, 10:26:33 AM
Hello, Everyone! WOW so I went to the last performance for the cast of "Hair" Sunday. ABSOLUTLY INCREDIBLE!

The crowd was crazy. I love that much energy from a crowd!! So happy to see a completely packed house! Before the show, you can hear the band from behind the curtain and the audience went ballistic!!

One of my favorite parts was when Will picked the "money seat" someone gave him London currency!! LOL I don't know if that was planned, but he was like "oh I get it!" Absolutely a class act!!! LOL Of course, the whole thing was amazing! We gave them like 5 standing ovations (Aquarius Hair Black Boys/White Boys, I Got Life, some others as well)

It was great to see the majority of the cast so emotional and I think it resonated with the crowd. I was up in the Mezz 4th row center but it looked like Kacie and Caisse took is the hardest. Sasha fought back tears as she began "Aquarius". Gavin got choked up to. He practically fell into Wills arms after Hair. And Vanessa and Kacie.. OMG they could barely keep it together before the Be-In scene!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what the new cast has to offer. Diana is really great. Ace is great to. I've met him on several occasions (ABSOLUTE SWEETHEART!!) and seen him perform several times (both in arena and acoustic forums) and he is really talented. This doesn't seem to be a show that you can do alot of "stunt casting" (the main people, anyway). You either got it or you don't. In other words, they won't cast just anyone like they do for Billy Flynn in "Chicago" lets say. So I'm proud of this new cast and wish them alot of luck!! Nothing but positivity and love for them!

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
 Feb 12 2010, 08:19:09 AM
LOL guys, again with all this SPECULATION of the new cast!! Ya’ll are making yourselves crazy!! An OFFICIAL announcement is coming next week. I think we all know that nothing is definite when RUMORS come into play, so let’s have the Hair peeps tell us OFFICIALLY Tuesday what’s up with the new cast!
New HAIR Broadway Cast to Be Announced on Tuesday
 Feb 12 2010, 08:18:33 AM
LOL guys, again with all this SPECULATION of the new cast!! Ya’ll are making yourselves crazy!! An OFFICIAL announcement is coming next week. I think we all know that nothing is definite when RUMORS come into play, so let’s have the Hair peeps tell us OFFICIALLY Tuesday what’s up with the new cast!
Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
 Feb 9 2010, 08:56:05 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm not one to speculate anything. I always wait until an OFFICIAL announcement to get my info. Rumors are usually proven untrue (granted there seems to be SOME info that could be reliable). I'm sure the new cast will be great! Calm down until there is something is officially announced! In due time, my friends.

berger replacement
 Sep 13 2009, 09:37:06 AM
Hi, wish!

GREAT SEATS THEY ARE!!! Thoes seats were where my friend and I sat when we saw the show. Where you are going to be is really the first row as the real first row from the center doesn't go all the way acros. Enjoy!!!

Broadway On Broadway
 Sep 7 2009, 09:08:33 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

So I'm planning to see B.O.B. this year. Any details I need to know? What is a good time to get there is what I'm most curious about...

Feel free to PM if you wanted.

Thanks!!

New Swing?
 Sep 4 2009, 08:59:37 AM
Good Morning, Starshines!

The cast ABSOLUTLY goes all over the theater. Anyone who says/thinks otherwise is sadly WRONG

HAIR: The Intellectual Conversation Thread
 Aug 25 2009, 08:16:14 AM
Morning, everyone!

Silly question if I may... what the hell is a "fangirl"?? That has to be one of the dumbest name I've ever heard, really!

re: HAIR: The Intellectual Conversation Thread
 Aug 24 2009, 12:43:17 PM
I think it's pretty intriguing how we're being told of a time by a cast who wasn't even born then! The whole production is very powerful...
Let it in.
 Aug 23 2009, 04:08:11 PM
LOL Who said hippies don't like Beyonce'!! LOL

Epic video with an appearance by Swenson and Creel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqnLQNeFcQ&feature=related

my apologies if this was posted before!

It's a Jolly Holiday With Gavin!
 Aug 20 2009, 07:36:58 PM
AW!! Get Well Soon, Gavin!!
but you can call me 'has trouble taking his pants off' Berger
 Aug 4 2009, 08:59:19 PM
Bumpin' up, people!!

LLLOOOOVVVEEEEE!!!!

re: Constantine Maroulis Extends in ROCK OF AGES Through Summer 2010
 Aug 4 2009, 12:48:16 PM
NNNIIIIIICCCCEEEE!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing him!
Starshines.
 Aug 3 2009, 08:56:55 AM
Good Morning, Starshines! WOW so I went to see this INCREDIBLE show this weekend! What an experience! Everyone was there (Will, Gavin, Sasha, Allison, Caissie, Darius, Bryce, and Kacie). The only shakeups were Arbender Robinson and Chasten Harmon went on and Nicole Lewis went on as Abe Lincoln. I sat right stage Row B on isle so everyone passed by us. Swenson chose me as the money seat! He is GEORGEOUS and AMAZING and I agree he was ABSOLUTLY ROBBED @ the Tony?s! I didn't expect him to choose me
re: What musicals of the last 20 years will be considerred classics fifty y
 Jul 30 2009, 08:47:14 AM
If it wasn't for Rent, we wouldn't have/had a lot of the shows we see now (i/e Spring Awakening, Wicked, Avenue Q, ext. Producers have been quoted in saying this) At its opening, it woke up a very stale Broadway scene and introduced theater to a whole new generation. More risks have been taken with the storylines and production and such. Of course everyone has their own opinions, but I feel sorry for the people who don't understand the impact Rent has had. Like in the previous post, it spoke to
re: What musicals of the last 20 years will be considerred classics fifty y
 Jul 29 2009, 09:45:13 PM
Rent without question will be a classic

Also Phanton of the opera and MAMA MIA and Lion King have my vote

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You