"Hair" - 3/7/10

MelFromLI
#1"Hair" - 3/7/10
Posted: 3/9/10 at 10:26am

Hello, Everyone! WOW so I went to the last performance for the cast of "Hair" Sunday. ABSOLUTLY INCREDIBLE!

The crowd was crazy. I love that much energy from a crowd!! So happy to see a completely packed house! Before the show, you can hear the band from behind the curtain and the audience went ballistic!!

One of my favorite parts was when Will picked the "money seat" someone gave him London currency!! LOL I don't know if that was planned, but he was like "oh I get it!" Absolutely a class act!!! LOL Of course, the whole thing was amazing! We gave them like 5 standing ovations (Aquarius Hair Black Boys/White Boys, I Got Life, some others as well)

It was great to see the majority of the cast so emotional and I think it resonated with the crowd. I was up in the Mezz 4th row center but it looked like Kacie and Caisse took is the hardest. Sasha fought back tears as she began "Aquarius". Gavin got choked up to. He practically fell into Wills arms after Hair. And Vanessa and Kacie.. OMG they could barely keep it together before the Be-In scene!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what the new cast has to offer. Diana is really great. Ace is great to. I've met him on several occasions (ABSOLUTE SWEETHEART!!) and seen him perform several times (both in arena and acoustic forums) and he is really talented. This doesn't seem to be a show that you can do alot of "stunt casting" (the main people, anyway). You either got it or you don't. In other words, they won't cast just anyone like they do for Billy Flynn in "Chicago" lets say. So I'm proud of this new cast and wish them alot of luck!! Nothing but positivity and love for them!

"To The Stage!!!" - La Vie Boheme

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#2'Hair' - 3/7/10
Posted: 3/9/10 at 10:43am

"One of my favorite parts was when Will picked the "money seat" someone gave him London currency!! LOL I don't know if that was planned, but he was like "oh I get it!" Absolutely a class act!!!"

haha it was actually just a regular coin, Will just added the British pound bit which was hysterical

but yeah, amazing show :)

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/