News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for matineeidol2013

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
Member Name: matineeidol2013
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CAROUSEL on Live At Lincoln Center Tonight at 9PM!!  Apr 27 2013, 11:24:12 AM
I am having the exact same problem Bruce, every video is playing BUT the one we want!
CAROUSEL on Live At Lincoln Center Tonight at 9PM!!  Apr 27 2013, 11:24:11 AM
I am having the exact same problem Bruce, every video is playing BUT the one we want!
CAROUSEL on Live At Lincoln Center Tonight at 9PM!!  Apr 27 2013, 11:06:29 AM
The full video of the concert on the Live From Lincoln Center PBS page wont play for me am I the only one??
How much will a Broadway ticket cost one year from now?  Apr 11 2013, 11:53:53 PM
I'll never forget my first trip to New York City in 2005. Top ticket prices were $100-110 dollars, and TKTS were priced at $50. Its saddening to think of where these prices will go in the coming years.
Isn't It Time For A GRAND HOTEL Revival?  Apr 11 2013, 11:10:29 PM
http://choreographerjasonsparks.com/Reel.html

Here is a link with some footage of 'Grand Hotel' at Penn State University last year. This production was choreographed by Jason Sparks and directed by Nathan Brewer; the same team that mounted the NYC Theater at St Clements production last November.

Isn't It Time For A GRAND HOTEL Revival?  Apr 11 2013, 10:46:52 PM
Yes yes yes yes PLEASE. Love this show.

Current American Idiot Tour  Apr 8 2013, 06:48:47 PM
The non-eq American Idiot that is currently touring the US is the same tour that was in the UK a few months back.

The current tour cast is pretty spectacular. When this leg of the tour ends early summer, the show is going to Asia for a month or so then returning to the US to continue touring. To my understanding, much of the cast will be new after the Asia leg. American Idiot is an extremely taxing show to tour non-eq; the demands of the show combined with the one-nighters, split

Help please my friends! In search of a soprano comedic female song!  Mar 30 2013, 12:23:05 PM
I so appreciate all of your suggestions!
Help please my friends! In search of a soprano comedic female song!  Mar 29 2013, 10:13:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

allthatjazz- She is certainly a strong enough soprano for the song, but its perhaps a bit overdone.

Help please my friends! In search of a soprano comedic female song!  Mar 29 2013, 09:45:10 PM
Title says it all! A close friend of mine is in a bind and in search of a comedic soprano song. She is a lovely ingénue type. Think "Wheres My Other Shoe" from She Loves Me. Thanks in advance fellow theatre lovers!

Songs about the Press  Mar 29 2013, 11:48:39 AM
"Smashing, New York Times" by Charles Strouse and Lee Adams
FIORELLO! at City Center REViEWS  Feb 3 2013, 10:40:25 PM
Spoke with Kate Baldwin's husband, actor Graham Rowat today; he says shes been battling laryngitis for the entire run! She sounded just as perfect and angelic as usual when I heard her Thursday evening. What a trooper!
Vicotrian Dance Shoes  Jan 31 2013, 11:55:52 PM
http://sansha.com/footwear-charact-boots.htm#

not exactly what youre looking for, but somewhere close!

FIORELLO! at City Center REViEWS  Jan 31 2013, 11:51:48 PM
Saw the production tonite and was quite charmed by it. Cast was uniformly strong and the direction was very clear and well paced. Unlike above comments I thought the choreography was spectacular. And who can resist that full, gorgeous orchestra?? Do yourself a favor and buy a ticket!
CINDERELLA Previews Thread.  Jan 31 2013, 01:31:45 AM
Hmmm...not quite even sure where to begin with this one.

I suppose I'll start with the design. William Ivey Long once again proves that he can do no wrong. The costumes are whimsical, colorful and quite stunning. Dress transformations happened a few times throughout the show, and although the concept is quite simple, seeing the transformations executed on stage took my breath away each time.

I am generally a fan of Anna Louizos, but her set designs are severely misguided for

Cinderella rush info?  Jan 30 2013, 12:39:52 PM
Got to the box office at 10 50 today and got a very nice seat in the orchestra.

Ouch...Evita didn't even come close to breaking even!  Jan 28 2013, 08:14:05 PM
How insane to think that Follies, the last tenant at the Marquis, had a 40 member cast, well over 20 pieces in the orchestra, and if I remember correctly, their weekly running cost was reported at under 700,000!
'Once' ticket on sale for 1/26 (tomorrow) at 2 pm-$67 dollars  Jan 25 2013, 02:28:34 PM
Title says it all! Private Message me if you're interested. Lesser offers will be entertained as well.
what is the most overrated musical of all time  Jan 3 2013, 05:16:11 PM
Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Les Mis, newintown.

My vote as of late would go to "Book of Mormon". I laughed out loud maybe three times. By the middle of the second act I found myself checking my watch quite frequently.

Hamlisch Tribute on Live from Lincoln Center Tonite (12/31)  Dec 31 2012, 10:26:28 PM
you're not alone, broadwayjim. no denying Audras voice is angelic, but I agree that her very head dominant/lyrical tone and the Hamlish song book don't quite gel. (I believe she would have been more successful singing a song from "Sweet Smell..")

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You