News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for moowithme85

Member Name: moowithme85
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Themed Wedding - "Last Dance" help
 Sep 9 2011, 11:11:10 AM
Hi all,

I am getting married in October and am having a Broadway themed wedding. We are going to have all of our songs, like first dance, bouquet toss, longest married dance, etc. be songs from Broadway shows, but are having trouble coming up with a "Last Dance" song.

My favorite idea was to have "Time of Your Life" (love the song, even if it's not completely upbeat haha), but my fiance is arguing that it's not really a broadway showtune, since it's not on the cast recording.

Best times to catch Ripley (and not Pearl) in the N2N Tour
 May 6 2011, 05:58:55 PM
You are very lucky to have caught her...she hasn't been on since last Wednesday (a week ago). The article in the Tribune stated that she would be finishing the end of the Chicago leg starting YESTERDAY, but she was again out. It'll be interesting to see if she's on tonight.
Best times to catch Ripley (and not Pearl) in the N2N Tour
 May 6 2011, 05:58:48 PM
You are very lucky to have caught her...she hasn't been on since last Wednesday (a week ago). The article in the Tribune stated that she would be finishing the end of the Chicago leg starting YESTERDAY, but she was again out. It'll be interesting to see if she's on tonight.
Alice Ripley proving a tad elusive
 May 5 2011, 06:27:14 PM
That's a very good point about the stairs...
 May 5 2011, 05:30:20 PM
I'm not completely sound on the wording of these things, but there are $25 limited view seats available each day when the box office opens. Hope that helps.

At her gig on Monday, Alice explained that she was out because of a knee injury, and due to all of the work Diana does on her knees (ahem), she decided it was best not to risk anything. She also promised to be on as Diana on Tuesday, so you can take it for what it's worth...

I suppose "I Miss The Mountains" is basically p

May 4 2011, 11:07:35 PM
Yes, to hear Pearl sing "properly" was very nice...the music is so beautiful and she certainly does it justice.

Does anyone know if Alice went on tonight?

May 4 2011, 04:56:36 PM
I was at the show Saturday evening and last night as well (had heard that Alice would be on, so I gave it another shot).

On Saturday, I was unimpressed by Pearl's acting (seemed more like Diana was drunk, rather than bipolar...), but her voice was beautiful. It was actually kind of refreshing to hear the ballads sound beautiful, rather than strained. I haven't heard Alice as Diana since her final Broadway show, but I remember that night thinking she sounded worn out. At last night'

Songs that could be sung to a psychologist
 Jun 23 2010, 01:54:16 PM
Stars and the Moon, Songs For a New World
Climbing Uphill, The Last Five Years

And if this is couples' therapy: If I Didn't Believe in You, The Last Five Years

Show Recomendations
 May 24 2010, 10:32:21 PM
Thanks!

We considered God of Carnage, but the tour is coming to Chicago next year, so we might wait on it. South Pacific might be perfect...not sure how that one slipped off my radar.

Thanks again!

Broadway songs about losing your best friend
 May 24 2010, 06:19:49 PM
Maybe "I'm Still Hurting" from The Last 5 Years?
The Best Flop you've seen
 May 24 2010, 06:09:27 PM
Coram Boy was excellent
Show Recomendations
 May 24 2010, 05:41:09 PM
Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are headed to New York this summer and are looking to see 2-3 shows. Last year we saw N2N. I LOVED it and I'd really like to go back. Other than that, I'm considering American Idiot, maybe Night Music...but I could use some suggestions.

He's a traditional musical fan, and doesn't really care for plays. I am more of a dark-ish musical fan...not really interested in seeing a 9 to 5 or Legally Blonde. I would also be up for a play, but my main taste

Rant about the Tony nominations here
 May 4 2010, 10:19:50 AM
I agree CBS will be elated with the number of "stars" nominated. They'll have names to announce to get people interested. Normally, that kind of stunt makes me angry, but if it gets more people to appreciate theatre, even if for just one night, then so be it.
Rant about the Tony nominations here
 May 4 2010, 08:43:03 AM
best score...Addams Family? Eh?
re: 9 to 5 Tour: Yes or No?
 Feb 1 2010, 05:03:09 PM
I am not proud to admit that I saw 9 To 5 because I have a fangirl crush on Stephanie J. Block. However, I didn't care at all for the musical. While I thought the performances were good, I thought the whole show lacked substance.

Maybe I'm just not one for "feel good" musicals...

There's a rumor that the tour will stop in Chicago; I won't be going regardless of my love for Stephanie.

Cleverest Lyrics?
 Feb 1 2010, 04:47:43 PM
I've always liked, "Wishes come true, not free" from Children Will Listen. And all of Your Fault is pretty clever, IMO.

re: What's on your best/worst of 2009 list?
 Dec 13 2009, 11:57:48 AM
Best: Next To Normal
Worst: 9 to 5

re: Your Top 10 Productions of the Decade (2000-2009)
 Dec 13 2009, 11:50:18 AM
Next To Normal (Broadway)
The Seafarer (West End)
Coram Boy (West End)
Wicked (Chicago)
Wicked (Broadway)
Up (Chicago, Steppenwolf)
Mamma Mia (Tour)
Rent (Tour)
Addams Family (Chicago)
Light in the Piazza (Chicago)

re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
 Dec 13 2009, 11:43:21 AM
Of all the country clues out there, the only female in a group nominated for a grammy I can think of would be Jennifer Nettles or Alison Krause. I love them both, but I do not see either on Broadway, especially as Elphaba.
re: Shows Closing
 Sep 12 2009, 05:41:21 PM
Thanks for the info, all.

And the 8 second video clip of Reasons to Be Pretty at the Tony's made me want to see the show...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You