Show Recomendations

moowithme85
#1Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 5:41pm

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are headed to New York this summer and are looking to see 2-3 shows. Last year we saw N2N. I LOVED it and I'd really like to go back. Other than that, I'm considering American Idiot, maybe Night Music...but I could use some suggestions.

He's a traditional musical fan, and doesn't really care for plays. I am more of a dark-ish musical fan...not really interested in seeing a 9 to 5 or Legally Blonde. I would also be up for a play, but my main taste lies in musicals. A play recommendation would be appreciated, too, though.

Thanks!
-Katie

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#2Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 5:44pm

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 5:45pm

Musicals:
La Cage Aux Folles
American Idiot

Plays:
Next Fall

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#3Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 5:45pm

Just look at this week's grosses. That's what everyone else is doing.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#4Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 5:48pm

WHERE ARE THIS WEEK'S GROSSES! THEY SHOULD BE OUT BY NOW!!!!!!!

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

rmusic11322
#5Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 7:38pm

God of Carnage is a dark-ish comedic play. Try to see it before it closes.

bwaylvsong
#6Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 9:39pm

Definitely see ALNM if you're here before it closes.
La Cage sounds like a good fit, too. West Side Story and South Pacific would also work.

moowithme85
#7Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:32pm

Thanks!

We considered God of Carnage, but the tour is coming to Chicago next year, so we might wait on it. South Pacific might be perfect...not sure how that one slipped off my radar.

Thanks again!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#8Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/25/10 at 1:48am

Rock of Ages, Memphis, West Side Story.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#9Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/25/10 at 2:02am

Do not miss South Pacific. It fulfills all your requirements.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/25/10 at 4:57am

Hair
South Pacific
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson (but closing the end of June)

La Cage word is mostly good -- but I won't see it until July.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

chiuptown
#11Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/25/10 at 6:22am

Just got back to chicago from a wknd in ny. i saw hair, andrew jackson, everyday rapture, and promises,promises (Sat nite, first time Kristin was out), and was pleased by my choices. Hair, to my surprise, was the best, imo, of all. it was sensational and those guys give it there all. i've seen it several times in previous productions, and I was impressed. i got a lotto ticket sat matinee, everyone there won.

rmusic11322
#12Show Recomendations
Posted: 5/27/10 at 6:51pm

moowithme85 - I just found this out, but God of Carnage isn't going on tour anymore (for now.) If it doesn't start back up again, try to watch it before it closes. I'm not sure when you're coming to New york, but it closes on June 6th.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/GOD_OF_CARNAGE_National_Tour_a_NoGo_For_Now_20100311

Videos