News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Libby1209

Member Name: Libby1209
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Casa Valentina Previews  Apr 12 2014, 07:42:56 AM
Penny...I'm curious...where were the TDF seats?
If/Then Previews  Mar 23 2014, 06:55:11 PM
Saw this yesterday. Bought cheap seats because I wasn't sure how I felt about this show, but I wanted to hear Idina sing live. I can say that I'm happy I bought the cheap seats. The cast sounds good, but I found the songs to be forgettable and the book (as well as staging) uninspiring. A few people walking out near me also made some comments about not being impressed with the show. As long as Idina continues with the show, I think it will continue to sell tickets, regardless of how mediocre it i
Cinderella in NYC or Peter and the Starcatcher in Baltimore?  Mar 19 2014, 04:21:05 AM
I loved Peter and the Starcatcher. Will only see Cinderella if I could snag tickets on TDF. And if Carly Rae is gone. And Fran Drescher too. But that's only my opinion.
The Worst Seats on Broadway  Mar 19 2014, 04:18:48 AM
Agree with the rear mezz seats at Studio 54. Horrible.
Breaking News: Lin-Manuel Miranda & Karen Olivo to Star in tick, tick...BOOM! for Encores!  Mar 9 2014, 07:36:22 PM
CANNOT WAIT!
Sweeney Todd - Reviews from those of us who have seen it  Mar 8 2014, 09:24:47 PM
I have to agree with BrerBear. I was at today's matinee. Knowing very little about Sweeney Todd, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Having never seen a Philharmonic concert, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had a great time. There are were sooo many times when I had chills, including the first "Swing Your Razor". The only issue I had was that I found Emma Thompson (who was good in this role) at times hard to understand.
If/Then Seating Question  Feb 9 2014, 08:16:02 PM
How's rear mezzanine?
Little Me @ Encores  Feb 9 2014, 10:08:10 AM
Saw the matinee of this yesterday as well...really enjoyed myself! Loved Christian Borle in this!
If/Then selling out?  Jan 27 2014, 08:10:44 AM
So essentially what you're all saying is that IF I want to see it...I should buy the cheap tickets?
If then discounts  Jan 26 2014, 01:01:34 PM
What's the seating like in the Richard Rogers theatre? I'm not too keen to spend $150+ on front mezzanine...there are $75+ tickets available for rear mezz, but how are the seats back there? Are these still decent or should I suck it up and spend a little more?
Can Carly Rae Jepsen Sing  Jan 21 2014, 05:22:35 AM
Listening to "Part of Your World"...she has a very pop voice...
August: Osage County the movie  Dec 25 2013, 03:40:49 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but wasn't impressed by the play. (I know I'm the minority on this one)
Shows You Want to See Revived for the Very First Time  Nov 28 2013, 07:43:54 PM
I agree with Secret Garden.
advice on Matilda  Nov 23 2013, 09:22:24 AM
I saw Matilda alone...but then again, I like going to the theatre alone. I get to see the show I want and sit where I want.

Stevie3...not everyone likes Kinky Boots. In fact, you couldn't pay me to see it. There...just proved you wrong.

Big Fish Seating Question  Nov 2 2013, 04:06:32 PM
When in doubt, I tend to try for front row mezz...for any show. (Which is where I sat for this show...it was a great view!)
Alli Mauzey is returning to Wicked.... again  Sep 20 2013, 06:36:32 PM
Alli Mauzey was a riot in Cry Baby. Her song, "Screw Loose" makes me laugh. I would imagine she'd be good as Glinda.
Encores! 2014  Sep 13 2013, 08:10:28 PM
Got my flyer as well, and am interested in seeing these. Although I will admit that I know very little about Irma La Douce. Would love to hear about discount codes as well...
Big Fish Preview Thread  Sep 8 2013, 04:43:32 PM
Maybe "out of place" was not the best phrasing. I thought it was cheesy (and not in a good way). And the sheet...really pointless, if you ask me. If they want to use it, they need to make it look like a pool. (In the movie, Edward had a pool in his backyard, and would often be found in it.)
Big Fish Preview Thread  Sep 8 2013, 01:21:26 PM
I saw the matinee yesterday as well...and really enjoyed it. Norbert was great IMO, but then again I'd probably pay to hear him sing the phone book.

There are only two issues I had with the show, and they were small...the sheet, and the "campfire girl" (as I like to call her) both seemed out of place, to me.

I'm curious to hear if any changes are made in the coming weeks...

Big Fish Preview Thread  Sep 6 2013, 07:03:12 PM
Now I'm really excited to see this tomorrow!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You