News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 5:22pm

Has anyone else heard this rumor?

I hope it's true. Bayardelle is a phenomenal talent.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 6:11pm

She is (as far as I know) replacing Krystal Brown, who plays her last performance tomorrow evening.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 1/22/10 at 06:11 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 7:32pm

who is she?

jamoca5 Profile Photo
jamoca5
#3Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 8:16pm

^ All I know of her is that she was Celie in Chicago's run of The Color Purple. I think she did the tour, as well.

Past 12 Months On Stage:

24 Hour Plays: Otawri (Other Black Woman, 9/11), Hairspray (Shayna, 11/18-21) Twelve Angry Men (5th Juror, 12/9-11), Wilson Winter One-Acts: Mannequins (Bloomingdales Salesperson, 2/11-12), Twelfth Night (Maria, 3/24-26), 30 Plays in 60 Minutes (Various Roles, 6/4), Ragtime (Sarah, 8/11-13)

Current Avatar: Me looking quite sleepy. This shot gives you a nice view of my various posters: ITH, Hair, The Lion King, the list goes on...

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#4Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 8:28pm

The Chicago run was part of the tour, so yes she was.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:02pm

She was the first Celie replacement on Broadway. She replaced LaChanze. Fantasia later replaced Bayardelle. She was a fierce Celie.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

CurtainPullDowner
#6Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:15pm

thanks

Dollypop
#7Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:29pm

I'm hearing that Ben Curtis (The Dell Dude) is also joining the HAIR cast.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

TheatreFan4
#8Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:43pm

As who Dolly?

Tribe?

CurtainPullDowner
#9Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 9:55pm

The Dell Dude will be singing the line:
"Mari Juana, Mari Juana, Wanna Wanna, Mary Mary"
and he will be exposing his hard drive.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#10Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 10:32pm

I'm disappointed Bayardelle won't be playing Dionne (she'd sing the hell out of "Aquarius,") but I'm thrilled to see her back on Broadway regardless.

She'll cover Dionne, at least.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 1/22/10 at 10:32 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#11Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 10:55pm

Theaterfan - Only thing I could think of is that he's either taking over for Theo Stockman or Josh Lamon (currently covering Theo's tracks)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TheatreFan4
#12Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 11:01pm

I could see him taking over for Theo. He seems to have that same zaniness that Theo has.

erinrebecca
#13Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/22/10 at 11:15pm

Jeannette is very talented. I enjoyed her more in Rent than in TCP.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#14Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/23/10 at 6:31am

I thought she was phenomenal in The Color Purple.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#15Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/23/10 at 11:05am

Jeannette is incredibly talented and one of the great 'quiet' stars of the Broadway stage. Her Celie in CP was stunning: She left it out on the stage every single time I saw her perform. There hasn't been one other Celie who can do this role the vocal justice she did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUUDx95RWE

Incredible. I'm glad she's back.
Updated On: 1/23/10 at 11:05 AM

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#16Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/23/10 at 11:38am

I thought Bayardelle's acting as Celie was just average, sometimes even quite bland. Her strength is her stellar vocal range and execution. Thankfully, with a role like "Dionne," all one really has to do is be sassy, park, and bark.

Bayardelle's "Seasons of Love" solo was darn near perfection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPayGjwzh8Q

bwaylvsong
#17Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/23/10 at 12:37pm

Yay, another LaGuardia vocal major!

Rentfan931
#18Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/23/10 at 12:42pm

Does anyone know if she's going to stay past March 7th, or will she be leaving then?

BenjaminNicholas2
#19Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/23/10 at 1:00pm

Thanks for that RENT clip. While I'm not a fan of the show, I did think Bayardelle's solo was perhaps the best vocal I've seen on that particular part. She just nailed it. Sounded effortless.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#20Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/24/10 at 2:40am

That RENT clip takes me back. That was the first cast I ever got to see live and Jeannette sounded phenomenal in person. I saw it in the giant IU Auditorium and here high note really did blow the roof off the place.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#21Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/24/10 at 3:12am

Didn't she leave The Color Purple tour early due to vocal problems?

atlsuperstar
#22Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/24/10 at 6:28pm

Of course not that's how rumors get started. She left because she was doing it over a year and wanted to move on too other gigs. I liked her better in Rent as well...the best Celie hands down is Fantasia too me, and Montego Glover wasn't too shabby either but thats another topic!

BenjaminNicholas2
#23Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 1/24/10 at 10:07pm

Other gigs? She didn't have that much else going on and it was well-documented on her Facebook page that she had some vocal node issues she was dealing with. I'm glad she's feeling better and back to performing.

Zingingtobway
#24Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
Posted: 2/4/10 at 12:48am

Wow this is Awesome News Jeannette Bayardelle is an Amazing Vocalist and a Dynamic Performer. I hope she will be the new Dionne. She was amazing in the recent production of The Best Of Both Worlds and is one of my Favorite Celies Hands Down. No one can sing that role like her.

Now in regards to the rumors of her leaving the Color Purple because of vocal problems that is inacurate information.I am not sure where you read that on Facebook because that's false. While she was on tour traveling between cities she suffered a severe pulmonary embolism that could have killed her. I am thankful that she survived and is healthy and back on a stage where she belongs. I look forward to seeing her in Hair.

I agree she did sing the mess out of Season's Of Love in Rent

check out this clip Jeannette was the singer for the closing song of Disneys New Mermaid Movie The Little Mermaid Ariels New Begining
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTLwhpNn9Q

There is nothing in the world better than Live Theater.
Updated On: 2/4/10 at 12:48 AM

Videos