pixeltracker

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB Reviews?- Page 2

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB Reviews?

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#25FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/3/09 at 10:01pm

If the Variety review is too harsh, then the SD Union review is far too kind. The reviewer for the Union, James Hubert is fairly new and is replacing Anna Marie Welsh who has crucified better musicals than The First Wives Club.

I may be unfair when I question whether Hubert wants to make too many local enemies right off the bat. At the same time, as a fan in San Diego, I hate seeing the local regional theatres take a financial bath because of a local negative review. I was told that the La Jolla Playhouse lost tens of thousand of dollars two years ago because of a blistering review of the musical Carmen by Anna Welsh. I am walking a not so fine moral line here but we live in the real world. Survival comes first.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#26FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/4/09 at 12:07am

I can't imagine the producers and creative team wanting to bring this to Broadway anytime soon. At the very least Zambello should be let go. I think LaChanze, Carmello, and Gasteyer are very lucky ladies right now.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

beautywickedlover
#27FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/4/09 at 12:26am

"I can't imagine the producers and creative team wanting to bring this to Broadway anytime soon."

The show's commercial producers, Paul Lambert and Jonas Neilson, have already announced their intentions to bring this to Broadway according to this new article: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006835.html?categoryid=15&cs=1&ref=bd_legit However, I think at this rate it will end up like Story of My Life.

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#28FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/4/09 at 8:09pm

The Old Globe has posted an updated preview video with some new clips. The editing is pretty shoddy, though. Makes me think their tech department is red-DAY for change. (Couldn't resist).

FIRST WIVES preview Updated On: 8/4/09 at 08:09 PM

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#29FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:21pm

My question is...why are there always THREE women?

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

LoveSpiralsDownward Profile Photo
LoveSpiralsDownward
#30FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/7/09 at 9:52am

Hollywood Reporter review...ouch!

"First Wives Club" the ultimate in crassness Updated On: 8/7/09 at 09:52 AM

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#31FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/7/09 at 7:01pm

Yikes, that's not good.

It seems the cast has been reading all the negative press - Sam nearly went the full Corky St. Clair on his vlog against the bastard people who've trashed the show!
VIDEO HERE

madophelia Profile Photo
madophelia
#32FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/7/09 at 7:29pm

Well, of course, they've read all the press. Why wouldn't they?

I found Sam's vlog quite interesting and reasonable. He admitted to agreeing with a number of the cricisms and said others in the show did as well.

He brought up how a critic left out any mention of audience reaction and spoke quite eloquently about the many and varied reasons people seek out such entertainment.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#33FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/7/09 at 7:38pm

He forgot to mention why his forehead won't move anymore.

I can't believe performers truly imagine some dream world where reviews need to focus on the positive... zzzz.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#34FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/7/09 at 8:23pm

Sam's right. There are some very funny lines throughout the show. The same can be said for a performance at The Improv. It's possible for there to be quite a few great lines without the musical being very good.

If the music is bland and the dance sort of ordinary and the story a bit slow and heavy handed, then the presence of cute lines isn't enough. Harris did his job very well but I can't see this being compared with Mama Mia as entertainment.

Muhlethaler
#35FiRST WIVES CLUB REVIEWs?
Posted: 8/8/09 at 12:07am

LMAO! You gotta love Sam Harris: IT'S NOT PRETTY!