New HAIR tote bags

purtynpynk Profile Photo
purtynpynk
#25New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/27/10 at 9:09pm

UGH, I wish I lived in New York City. I saw Hair on my January visit, and I'd love to get one of those, but I don't live anywhere near the city....boo!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#26New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/28/10 at 10:45pm

Can anyone who bought one tonight tell me what number they're up to? My schedule is a little hectic and I am trying to figure out when I can go pick one up, but if they're selling fast I'll make sure I get over there tomorrow.

For those who wanted to know, yes, you can get into the theater to buy one without a ticket, but you have to do it either right before the show, right as it's getting out, or at intermission. You can't just go at any random time during the show, because there's nobody at the merch table. I went by there tonight when the show I was seeing ended, but they told me I had to come back during one of those times.

And also, on a more fun note, if you've bought one, post a picture of it! I want to see what everybody's looks like. New HAIR tote bags

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 5/28/10 at 10:45 PM

shesamarshmallow
#27New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/28/10 at 11:58pm

They're sold in a random order, and there are plenty left (though it's a grab bag of whatever is in the counter at a given time).

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#28New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/29/10 at 1:37am

Just a thought since there is a limited number of these one of a kind totes. Does anyone know if they are limiting how many an individual can purchase?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ActingIsLovee
#29New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/29/10 at 8:25pm

Does anyone know if I'd be able to buy one before the matinee tomorrow? Are there still many left?

dramamama611
#30New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/29/10 at 9:19pm

I don't know about "many" but a friend of mine stopped by today (Sat) and was able to buy two of them...and certainly they weren't the last ones. All I know is that they are indeed numbered...and mine has winner of 2009 Tony Award on it. (maybe not ALL of it, but that section from the poster)

Yes...they will let you in simply to buy merchandise...as long as the seller is there.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 5/29/10 at 09:19 PM

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#31New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/30/10 at 12:11am

I went before the show on Thursday and there seemed to be plenty of bags left...they let me buy two of them at once. One was part of the letters in HAIR (possibly a side of the "H"), and the other was part of Allison Case.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#32New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/30/10 at 12:40am

dramamama- I must have seen your friend there because the lady I was talking to bought to bags today. I actually went as far as to wait at the stagedoor and get it signed and so did my friend. It's a great piece of memorbilia.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#33New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:51pm

I got a bag yesterday. I went to the theatre 20 mins. before the show and they let me in to buy it. I got to choose from 5 different bags. I got a red and white bag. It has the I and the V from "Musical Revival." I love it!!!!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#34New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:52pm

I didnt want to spend the $35 for the bag but I picked one up for a friend...I have to say...they are very cool looking, unique bags!

ActingIsLovee
#35New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:48pm

Got mine on Sunday!
[IMG]New HAIR tote bags
[IMG]New HAIR tote bags
Not the greatest picture, but it's a part of the sun.

DvnMichael
#36New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 5:20pm

I'm really hoping they still have a few left when I visit the city next week. I'd love to have one.

kc2 Profile Photo
kc2
#37New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 5:21pm

What a cool idea!

FosseBoi
#38New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 6:29pm

ActingIsLovee, that is beautiful! I'm SO jealous! UGH! I just need them to have these in two weeks!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#39New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 5/31/10 at 7:08pm

I'll be in on Saturday. Hope they last!!!

girlpowermch2
#40New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/6/10 at 3:51pm

Are there still bags left? Going to be in the city this week and really want one!

shesamarshmallow
#41New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/6/10 at 7:49pm

There are abput 1/4 of the bags left. Go early next week if you want to guarantee getting one.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

dramamama611
#42New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/6/10 at 8:43pm

Thanks for the update.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#43New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/14/10 at 5:08pm

I tried to purchase a bag Friday evening (without a ticket), but they would not let me into the theater. I returned Saturday right after the matinee ended, and had no trouble getting to the merch. The bag I selected is from the bottom right of the billboard, and has striking primary colorblocking, with some cut-off lettering on the top. It's numbered 200/260, and I was able to choose from seven. The person working behind the merch counter did not know how many total were left, but she did tell me that I was the only one to purchase a bag so far that weekend (including Friday night). So if you want one, there seem to be a bunch left, and they're not moving too quickly!

karennnnn
#44New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/14/10 at 9:02pm

I posted about this on the Starshine thread, but I was there on Saturday for the matinee and also got to choose from about 7 of them. Both concession stands have them. They have one up on the counter and nothing really advertising what they are so I'm thinking people just don't know what they are unless they heard about it online, etc. So I think this is why they're not moving.
Mine is 177/260. It's mostly purple with a little bit of yellow, white dots and blue. I think it's part of an arm.
I am not a bag person but it came in very handy over the weekend holding all of my bakery finds :)

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#45New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/15/10 at 12:16am

i'm hoping a couple show up at the BCEFA flea market...this will be my first flea market outing though so what do I know?

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

purtynpynk Profile Photo
purtynpynk
#46New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 6/15/10 at 7:52am

I actually bought one these bags off the merchandise website. They said there were only 40 on there, and i jumped immediately to buy one!

http://www.hairbroadwaygoods.com/view/details/id/208/for/Hair_Billboard_Tote_Bag
Updated On: 6/15/10 at 07:52 AM

Michael9
#47New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 7/22/10 at 7:38am

Are these completely sold out now, or anyone know where I could get one??

dramamama611
#48New HAIR tote bags
Posted: 7/22/10 at 7:43am

Well, did you try the link in the post above you? Since the show is closed, online would be the only available place. According to the website: This item is sold out.