pixeltracker

MUNY's Production of "Chicago" with Patti Murin and Natascia Diaz- Page 2

MUNY's Production of "Chicago" with Patti Murin and Natascia Diaz

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#25MUNY's Production of CHICAGO
Posted: 6/29/12 at 7:45pm

It sold out on Tuesday, including (according to the news) 2000 walk-up sales that night. There's a photo of the crowd on the Muny's facebook page. It looked pretty full last night, but not totally sold out. That's why I said three times as many as a Broadway theater, because I was estimating about 6000 on a usual night. This show is selling better than most, so it might well be higher.

AEA AGMA SM
#26MUNY's Production of CHICAGO
Posted: 6/29/12 at 8:12pm

Yeah, I saw plenty of Facebook posts about the temps, Phyllis. I certainly don't miss that. The 90 some degrees we're hitting here in NY are bad enough.

I have to give the actors at the Muny credit. This show isn't as bad, but imagine the casts of Fiddler or My Fair Lady performing in this weather. God bless them.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two performances of Dreamgirls sells out, if Ms. Holliday proves to be as a big of a draw as I'm sure they are hoping she will be.

I feel like one of the shows my first summer in St. Louis (2006) sold out a few performances, but I can't remember which one.

Videos