Mean Girls the Musical

fuschiafury Profile Photo
fuschiafury
sassylash3s
#26Mean Girls the Musical
Posted: 7/18/12 at 12:09am

A few years ago a youth theatre company in my area did a Mean Girls musical written by their director. I don't remember many specifics, unfortunately, but I recall enjoying it immensely to the point of being somewhat disappointed when I rewatched the movie afterwards. (I should admit, though, that I had somewhat less refined taste in musicals back then.)

There was some buzz about this director trying to take the show further but I have to assume that Paramount put the kibosh on it because there's no way he had the rights to do it.

Updated On: 7/18/12 at 12:09 AM

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#27Mean Girls the Musical
Posted: 7/18/12 at 11:41am

I too would love to see [30-something year old Broadway actress] play the part of [15 year old high school student].

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#28Mean Girls the Musical
Posted: 7/18/12 at 11:48am

Heathers will definitely stomp on Mean Girls turf a bit when it comes to Broadway, and rightfully so. Heathers is so far and away a better movie. Larry O'Keefe and Kevin Murphy are writing it and as anyone who saw any of the readings or the Joe's Pub concert version over the past couple years can tell you...it's GENIUS. The "Dead Gay Son" song is flawless. As far as cast, I love a lot of the people who have done it. Jenna Leigh Green as Heather Chandler was inspired and Jeremy Jordan as JD was great, and his voice on the score was beautiful.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

thevolleyballer
#29Mean Girls the Musical
Posted: 7/18/12 at 12:06pm

This is only possible if Gretchen has a song called "Fetch" and the Act Two closer is called "The Limit Does Not Exist."

BroadwayStar4 Profile Photo
BroadwayStar4
#30Mean Girls the Musical
Posted: 7/18/12 at 1:34pm

Heathers will definitely stomp on Mean Girls turf a bit when it comes to Broadway, and rightfully so. Heathers is so far and away a better movie.

Heathers may be a better movie, but Mean Girls is more popular, especially in this generation. It has more potential of bringing in a larger audience. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a Heathers musical, but...

This is only possible if Gretchen has a song called "Fetch"

"So Fetch" is a better title. But that would be an amazing song!

Videos