MAMMA MIA!

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#25re: MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:37am

Margo, will you also leave me GOOD VIBRATIONS, MOVIN' OUT, and ALL SHOOK UP? lol

Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
#26re: MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 2/5/05 at 4:27pm

Addressing MAMMA MIA! critics, that ABBA music is 30 years old is not a legetimate complaint. Mozart is older. He stands. Shakespeare holds up where modern playwrites are shallow. ABBA wrote and produced the brightest, most positive pop music ever. Their songs carry 2 hours even if the plot around them is thin. ABBA songs are like 3 and 4 minutes dramas. Their songs are character based. Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus went into theatre after ABBA and wrote the Chess musical with Tim Rice. They staged Kristina Fran Duvemala in Sweden. They tended in this direction from the beginning. That the songs appear randomly placed in the show is a matter of perspective. It hinges on knowing the songs before hand. If each one of us had written a book around 20 ABBA songs, the show would have come out different every time. Catherine Johnson had the idea first, so her sequence stands. Someone said that MAMMA MIA! is a party, and he was right. ABBA music was fun. It still is!
Jim Colyer

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#27re: MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 2/5/05 at 6:40pm

Margo- What specifically didn't you like about Mamma Mia! and have you even seen WWRY in Las Vegas yet or are you just going on hearsay? Sounds to me like you don't like jukebox shows in any way, shape or form. Am I right? What's your idea of FUN?

Tell me you don't even like my "hot or not" threads on the O.T. board either? re: MAMMA MIA!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 2/5/05 at 06:40 PM

Videos