News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?- Page 2

BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?

broadwayguy2
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to c
Posted: 12/19/03 at 9:39am

he he he he he Phantom2.

A far as shutting down goes, they realize Hugh is their draw and make no illusions about tht and that makes me respect those producers..

I do, however, think it a shame that the understudies will never see the light of dat, clothes or no clothes, Hairspray or BFO, I enjoy John Hill and wish that someone, if not myself, could have a chance to see him shine in the title role.

IssaMe
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to c
Posted: 12/19/03 at 9:48am

Maybe the whole cast can use the rest. Stephanie Block (Liza) out with the flu. Hugh is battling it and it doesn't show on stage...since he gives his usual performance - with perhaps even more adlibs and comedy than usual.

The one week closing has to do with the tremendous problems of last minute refunds. Easier to deal with them now - and reschedule the ticketholders NOW rather than on the night of performance. Many of those performances are already sold out- but just try to refund well over a thousand (or more) tickets on the day of performance --- and the anger of the people involved.

jo
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to c
Posted: 12/19/03 at 8:41pm

Yes, it seems that when Hugh was taping for the Actors Studio session ( which took all of 4 hours) on December 15 that he was already under the weather. He is a real trouper.

I was at the December 14 matinee and the only sign that he was not feeling well was when the stage door staff said after the show that Hugh would not be able to do any signing and would be going straight home. During the show, he was going out of character a lot of times and making the audience really laugh - he even greeted the latecomers re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz  to c...He seems to enjoy connecting with the audience a lot - his BI-COASTAL dance with a member of the audience seems like a regular thing now.

Jo Updated On: 12/19/03 at 08:41 PM

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#28re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?
Posted: 12/20/03 at 5:45pm

Hugh is the show.. no one is going to see it without him so this tells us that when he is done, so is the show...

Call it a regime change...

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#29re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?
Posted: 12/20/03 at 6:16pm

That is right Hugh is the show. Why would you pay $100 to see someone else. The show itself is not that great. It is Hugh that makes it wonderful.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?
Posted: 12/22/03 at 7:34am

More proof that Hugh is the show. during sunday's matinee hugh reacted to a catcall from a guy up in the mezzanine midway thru the show. the guy apparently yelled something like "take it off..." hugh (peter) told the guy that "whatever you take off, i'll take off..."

next thing you know, hugh is unbuttoning his pants then proceeds to take off his shirt... he stopped it there because apparently the guy kept stripping.

what i loved about it (other than a half naked hugh jackman) was that he never broke character and became the flirt peter allen was known to be. this is my second time seeing the show and he was so much more comfortable in the role this time to do the improv and really play off the audience as if he was really peter allen performing on stage.

i could not imagine anyone else in the role. he is terrific.

XING
PED

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?
Posted: 12/22/03 at 10:42am

RobbO thank you so much for that post. I'm seeing BFO again in July, and I cannot wait to see it. I forwarded your post to friends who have seen the show. They will love reading it.
What you said is very true...Hugh never leaves the character of Peter while he is interacting with the audience.

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hugh's vacation schedules?
Posted: 12/22/03 at 10:55am

thirdrow-
you'll also be happy to know that hugh's (peter's) chemistry with jarrod emick (greg) is a lot stronger this time too. that was one of my criticism's from the first time i saw the show and yesterday, they really seemed to have a connection.

XING
PED
Updated On: 12/22/03 at 10:55 AM

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hug
Posted: 12/22/03 at 11:31am

Yes, Jarrod Emick and Hugh Jackman's chemistry is supurb and in MY eyes, one of the best moments of the show.

Hugh stripped with another woman who went even farther than Hugh did 2 weeks ago. She actually flashed the stage...and Hugh just couldn't stop laughing over that one. He finally asked if she was wearing LaPerla or Victorias Secret. The woman responded with a very proud..."Oh honey, my boobs are too big for those stores!" It was priceless.

IssaMe...you can ck your PM...even though you won't respond...please make sure you at the very least read it.

Thank you.

addition to the serenity prayer: Help me hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off!!! :-)

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BoyFromOz to close down during Hug
Posted: 12/22/03 at 12:37pm

Stephanie Block and Jarrod Emick are unbelievable. Then again, who couldn't have good chemistry with Mr. Jackman?

"When you get caught between the moon and New York City..."

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Videos