apdarcey
#25re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/9/05 at 10:48pm

thanks juliet...

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#26re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/12/05 at 1:56pm

MY PRE-ORDERD CD IS HERE TODAY!!!!!!! look out for them my fellow ABz fans! i'm buying more at their CD signing for friends and family :)
Updated On: 5/12/05 at 01:56 PM

apdarcey
#27re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/12/05 at 2:22pm

yay you got altar boyz! (i sent you a pm, you didn't answer?)

#28re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/12/05 at 2:24pm

I LOVE THE ALBUM! I haven't seen the show but I'm playing the CD over & over! I love it!

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#29re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:01pm

Get ye to the show Joe!! i love it too! and i love their little dedications in the insert. even though the label was supposed to be Christian and it didn't really happen, they did a good job with the CD insert.

just got your PM andrew. i'm a big girl now but yeah i'm in love again! lol
Updated On: 5/12/05 at 03:01 PM

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#30re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/12/05 at 3:23pm

i can't stop listening to 918!! i wish a nun would sing that to me at naptime...lol
"this is a little diddy Sister Mary Margaret used to sing to us at naptime" - Matt's intro

by the way im gonna try to get rush tickets tonight. any bww posters gonna be there? i'd love to see you!

Updated On: 5/12/05 at 03:23 PM

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#31re: Altar Boyz Cast Recording
Posted: 5/14/05 at 1:02am

new press release from theatremania!

In contrast, all that's needed to enjoy Altar Boyz (Sh-K-Boom) is a CD player. Gary Adler and Michael Patrick Walker's songs for this spoof of boy bands and Christian rock are among the very freshest of the season, possessing the sort of pulsing vitality that is so often found Off-Broadway. The score comprises hard-driving rock numbers, a Latin-rhythm item, even a deceptively sincere ballad. Filtered through the writers' razor-sharp comedic sensibility, these and other songs are filled with humor. One of the standouts is "Epiphany," a Broadway-themed coming-out-Catholic showstopper performed by breakout star Tyler Maynard. The entire cast couldn't be better, with Scott Porter, Andy Karl, Ryan Duncan, and David Josefsberg just as electrifying as the unbeatable orchestrations of Doug Katsaros and Lynne Shankel.

As good as the material is -- finding better music and lyrics in New York this season was practically impossible -- it's not quite as effective here as it is in the show at Dodger Stages, where the energetic performances and the live band are irresistible. Practically none of book writer Kevin Del Aguila's dialogue is included on the disc, and that's unfortunate, as it's every bit the uproarious equal of the music. Still, this is a strong recording of a fantastic show. Don't stop listening when the last listed track is over; the moving finale, "I Believe," is followed by a hidden bonus track that presents a frenetic remix of Altar Boyz hits. This CD proves conclusively that a benevolent higher power is watching over musical theater.

yay Altar Boyz!! love the praisin'

Videos