HONK!

Cruel_Sandwich
#25re: HONK!
Posted: 7/4/06 at 3:12pm

I, too, was in this. I found it to be quite mediocre and not really the best showcase for our skills. But....I'm sure you can turn dross into gold.

colleen_lee
#26re: HONK!
Posted: 7/4/06 at 3:14pm

I have seen the production before, it was performed at the Children's Theater Company in Minneapolis last year, so I am vaguely familiar with it. There are aspects of it that are going to be challenging, such as finding an Ugly that can carry the show as well as an Ida that can vocally handle the role. My primary concern is the cuts in the junior edition. In someways I think that would be a more accessible version since it is voiced for younger voices and it is likely our pool of leads will be between 13-16 years old. But, I am concerned about cuts. The junior editions are frequently cut down to one act formats, which I really do not like.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Cruel_Sandwich
#27re: HONK!
Posted: 7/4/06 at 3:24pm

The "adult" version isn't really that noticeably different. It's still "family-friendly".

Stick with the regular version. You will be glad you did.

Videos