NSMT Les Miserables??

Colle
#25re: NSMT Les Miserables??
Posted: 10/28/07 at 8:21am

It looks like a great production; it has interesting staging. If Joanne is as good as her review, hopfully we will see her in the Broadway revival soon(if it last that long). She sounds pretty good in her clip on the video.

fishness
#26re: NSMT Les Miserables??
Posted: 10/28/07 at 11:23am

I work concessions at NSMT, so I hear all of Act 1 and part of Act 2 (usually to a bit after 'A Little Fall of Rain'). I haven't actually seen the show yet, but for the most part, it sounds great. The Eponine is fantastic, as are Madame T and Young Cosette (but I've known the little one since she was five, so I'm a bit biased). Based solely on what it sounds like, I'd definitely say go see it.

Flaunt It
boxwoodgirl
#29re: NSMT Les Miserables??
Posted: 10/28/07 at 10:48pm

I wouldn't take the Globe review seriously. This particular critic's reviews always seem written with the purpose of making herself seem clever (i.e. Do we care she was raised on opera?)rather than providing an honest assessment of the show. Honestly, I groan when I see her byline on a review.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#30re: NSMT Les Miserables??
Posted: 10/28/07 at 11:24pm

Honestly, I groan when I see her byline on a review.

Do you retract it when you agree with her?

...yes, me being Devil's Advocate. No one ever brings out the "well, this critic always has a chip on her shoulder/hates 80s musicals/hates everything/clearly didn't want to go" line for the positive reviews. Just sayin'.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos