pixeltracker

Review: The Elaborate Lives of The Pirate Queen (LONG)- Page 2

Review: The Elaborate Lives of The Pirate Queen (LONG)

#25re:Pirate Queen
Posted: 10/24/06 at 8:19am

I couldn't agree more with you Tech... saw the show this past Saturday and was underwhelmed. I realize its still a 'work in progress' but honestly, I expected more.
Actually there are only 2 scenes that actually stuck with me since seeing the show.... the wedding scene (loved it) and the 'Elizabeth/Grace confrontation' behind the screen (hated it). Have to say, I was impressed to see that those involved are interested in feedback... there were surveys on Every seat (with pencils) that were collected at the door when you left (now hopefully they actually read them).
I do have confidence in those involved... I already have tickets to see the show in NYC on April 6, 2007.

SorryGrateful
#26re:Pirate Queen
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:06am

I was really hoping there would be surveys when I saw it as there were when I saw Sweet Charity two springs ago (another snoozefest, excepting Denis O'Hare). I very much wanted to share my opinions and perhaps have the producers "hear" me. However, I had no such luck. I'm glad they're doing it now, though.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

dollwithamission Profile Photo
dollwithamission
#27re:Pirate Queen
Posted: 10/30/06 at 10:39pm

Saw this show Saturday. I agree with nearly everything that has been said here, and would give a full review if I had the time. But as I don't right now, I had a question. Some people have mentioned not knowing what was going on when Grace and Elizabeth were discussing behind the screen. When I saw it, the people of the court tried to listen in, then they whispered what I assume was information to the audience. I, however, could not understand whatever it was they said (I was about as far back as you can get, which didn't help any). I was wondering if this was done with the earlier performances, or if this is a new addition to the show. Either way, it wasn't very effective.

brdlwyr
#28re:Pirate Queen
Posted: 10/30/06 at 11:05pm

The second time I saw PQ, the queen scenes were much funnier. My wife is a Brit and initially she was offended by the portrayal of Elizabeth, but thought she was somewhat vindicated at the end.

I would highlight more of the humor of the queen scenes.

Videos