Am I alone on CRY-BABY?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#25re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 3:21pm

well at least mike... you'll get reimburse it that happen! lol!

J*

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#26re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:00pm

J*, what happened to the 3 strikes? re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#27re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:09pm

Steve- Look at Yankeefan's thread. I posted the reason as to why I will see it.
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?page=3&thread=960433&boardid=1

Btw- I will be in NYC next weekend to see A CATERED AFFAIR, so why not see it too.. I will stay with my sisters so I can see two shows...I might just get he cheapest ticket or ask info about papering organization to WBaF.. I think he only paid $3.00 to see the show. I dont mind paying $3.00 or the most $35.00..but not $54.00

Questions to the Cry-Babies:

I just saw the movie and I love Hackett-Face character. I looked at the CRY-BABY's website...Howcome theres no Hackett face in the cast list?

J*
Updated On: 3/21/08 at 04:09 PM

Noel&Cole
#28re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:10pm

You are not alone at all. As I said a few days ago on another thred. This show was a lot of fun. There is work to be done in previews to be sure BUT I assumed that is why they have a long preview period and only charge $54. When was the last time a show did that? I think you have to take that deal knowing they are working some things out. Just my opinion.

If you want the finished product then wait and pay $110 or whatever it is after it opens. But even at this stage of previews I really enjoyed myself. Probally the most fun I have at all season! Not the most moving artistic experience of the season but the show I was most entertained by. Did not look at my watch once. Loved the music. Still humming. I'M INFECTED, YOU CANT BEAT THE SYSTEM, And MISERY, AGONY.....I think it is mermorable and certianly a much more clever parod that GREASE. At least more so than this revival of GREASE which took the show made it rated G. You are not alone at all. I would recommend this show. I think this season has been stronger than people give it credit for. And I think much to contrary of what people on this board believe it is ineed a canidate for best musical if they work a few points out.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#29re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:13pm

I think it depends on what you go into the theatre with. A lot of people really pissed about how bad it was went in expecting a pretty good musical; it got very good notices out of town, and it's usually assumed that shows improve rom their out of towns. You, however, went in expecting it to be horrendous based on what you'd heard. Diff'rent Strokes

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#30re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:15pm

Jay*, Hatchett Face is in the musical, but I can't remember what her name is (possibly Mona). I don't have my Playbill with me at work or else I'd check

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#31re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:17pm

I was just teasing J*. I already had tickets and was thinking about just seeing something else instead. I received similar PMs and decided to go and enjoy myself.
The worst night of theatre is most often better than most everything else. re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#32re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:22pm

Dottie- Thanks for the info.

I just listened again to the CRY-BABY demo for the 12X. I still think the music is very forgettable. I cant really get into the score. Well..I will see it next week. I will see it with an open mind then go to NYSC gym afterwards to workout ( I probably need that..lol) and catch A CATERED AFFAIR later at 8 pm...

We'll see!

J*

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#33re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:37pm

I agree with you Steve...(sorry to say-to everyone & fans of the show ) but my expectations are very very LOW for this show...I hope you & crushgroove have a blast tommorow night at CRY-BABY!

I will see it next weekend...like I said in another thread..expect a double treat of 10/10 Reports on CRY-BABY & A CATERED AFFAIR and A DAY IN A LIFE ..like what I did in SITPWG but this time... its not a day trip..but a weekend in NYC...

J*

Updated On: 3/21/08 at 04:37 PM

Videos