News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DottieD'Luscia

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
Member Name: DottieD'Luscia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 10:49:12 AM

Titanic also didn't have any acting nominees which was kind of surprising considering the strength of the cast.  There were only 4 nominees in each category in 1997 (I just checked).

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 09:39:18 AM

I'm kind of surprised none of the actresses were nominated for Suffs. (I stand corrected as I didn't see Nikki James name when I first read through the list)

I was also expecting to see Lorin Latarro's name.

7 nominees in the best featured actress in a musical is unnecessary.

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 06:26:43 PM

I absolutely adored this show and saw this production for the last time Friday evening. I was shocked by how many empty seats there were in the mezzanine. 

Does anyone know if Michael Iskander departed the show early? He wasn't in Friday night, and he wasn't there today. He was still listed in the Playbill. 

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 18 2024, 02:26:03 PM

Ever since the Kiss of the Spider Woman debacle, I kind of don't trust them.

Phantom Closing?  Apr 17 2024, 10:47:57 AM

It's jarring not to see the Phantom marquee since it was a mainstay when it first went up in late 1987. I will always associate this show with my move to NYC.

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 17 2024, 10:45:15 AM

I live in DC and already purchased my Bye Bye Birdie tickets, but had no idea that they were doing Nine. Where have I been?!

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 7 2024, 04:00:13 PM

Nothing about this production shown during the segment on CBS Sunday Morning made me want to see this.

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 27 2024, 10:30:27 AM

I saw this production this production last week and enjoyed it a lot.  My only other exposure to Company was a touring production in the late 90s.  I actually preferred this production.

I had a few quibbles though.  The refrigerator door in the apartment set for Not Getting Married Today, looked quite beat up.  It was a bit distracting.

I also felt that Ladies Who Lunch brought the show to a screeching halt.  For some reason it didn't work for me.&nb

Why did Shuffle Along fall off the face of the Earth?  Mar 5 2024, 08:40:21 AM

I absolutely loved this show, and saw it 4 times over the course of its brief run.  By the time I saw it in late previews the show seemed pretty frozen.  I wish I had seen it in early previews just to see how much the show changed.  I can't believe Audra wasn't nominated for a Tony for her role.  I also saw Darlesia Cearcy twice as Lottie Gee twice.  She was wonderful.  I'm disappointed that a cast recording was never made.

Kimberly Akimbo -- Victoria Clark's Schedule  Feb 6 2024, 12:06:43 PM

I saw it Saturday afternoon and she was out.  Not sure if her days off are floating as nothing is listed on the show's site or on Telecharge.  I wasn't happy when I found out she was performing that day, but Colleen Fitzpatrick was wonderful.  I'd still like to go back to see Victoria Clark before it closes.

Non Equity Tours  Feb 1 2024, 03:30:22 PM

I was tempted to see the non-equity tour of Annie that recently passed through DC, but decided against it.  The reviews I had seen online mentioned that the set looked cheap, which I'm not surprised, since this tour does a lot of one-nighter's.  I got to see the original production with the original cast just before Andrea McArdle left, and all of the productions of this show I have seen since then have paled in comparison. The tour was definitely not at a

Hinton Battle has died  Feb 1 2024, 10:11:17 AM

I looked through my souvenir programs for Dancin' and Sophisticated Ladies, and he had already departed those shows when I got around to seeing them. Thankfully I saw him as John in Miss Saigon.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Feb 1 2024, 09:50:02 AM

How incredibly disappointing to hear this.  I purchased tickets for the matinee this Saturday and nothing was listed on Telecharge about Victoria Clark not performing.  Ugh!!  I haven't been to NYC in a year, and this was the reason for my trip.  I already have tickets to Harmony on Friday night.

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 31 2024, 08:52:30 AM

I was fortunate to have seen Chita Rivera in Jerry's Girls, Kiss of the Spiderwoman, A Dancer's Life, and The Mystery of Edwin Drood, but for some reason I will always remember her as the original Anita in West Side Story.

For those saying these things come in three's and wondering who the third might be, we recently lost Maurine Hines.

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Jan 12 2024, 10:55:33 AM

I saw this Wednesday evening, and don't see how this will find an audience on Broadway. 

The performances were good across the board, but the music sounded all the same to me.  Had there been an intermission I would have left.

Not much else to add without giving major plot points away.

How is Hamilton holding up?  Jan 8 2024, 08:20:30 AM

I saw the Broadway production in April 2022 and again in February 2023, and I thought the show was in excellent shape.

Wish they'd freshen up the touring production currently playing in Chicago.  The last time I saw the tour was in summer of 2022 in Washington, DC.  I saw the show 6 times during their stay, and I never saw the show with the full cast.  I think the first time I saw it, most of the principal men were out.  The women fared better than the men. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jan 4 2024, 12:33:55 PM

I was hoping it would have been Edred Utomi.  

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Jan 2 2024, 08:00:42 AM

I saw the movie yesterday in DC.  Only 5 people in the theatre.  I agree with most of what has been posted here.  I thought it was just ok.  I didn't like the new songs.  The songs that were cut should have remained.  The story felt somewhat disjointed.  There were times that I felt the focus was on the other characters as opposed to Celie.  She really didn't say much for the first half of the film.  The stage version didn't feel like t

Symphonic version of RENT in concert in Washington DC  Jul 27 2023, 10:10:02 AM

I was there last night.  Sat in the first tier.  The sound was terrible.  Lyrics were unintelligible a lot of the evening.  Lorna Courtney and Ali Stroker were the highlights.  It started off good, but as the evening went on, it felt very under-rehearsed.  Terrance Johnson was very good as Collins considering he was a last-minute fill-in for the injured Jordan Donica.  He recently performed that role at Paper Mill.

Jordan Donica leaves final Camelot mid-performance  Jul 25 2023, 08:51:39 AM

Christian Mark Gibbs was the actor who replaced Jordan during the final performance.  Same thing happened on Saturday.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You