Mel Brooks Shuts Down Film Company; Focuses on Broadway

cantstandbrody
#25re: Mel Brooks Shuts Down Film Company; Focuses on Broadway
Posted: 5/31/08 at 2:36pm

ill take that pinky !!

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#26re: Mel Brooks Shuts Down Film Company; Focuses on Broadway
Posted: 5/31/08 at 2:42pm

Though I'm one of those who liked YF on stage, I'd so much prefer him to do an original musical and turn away from Blazing Saddles, possibly even something that is not a comedy. I have a feeling he could not only handle it but do some great stuff because he would have to do something where he doesn't do that stuff he's so used to do so he'd be more careful.

worrell4077
#27re: Mel Brooks Shuts Down Film Company; Focuses on Broadway
Posted: 5/31/08 at 3:52pm

I think it would be interesting to see an original Mel Brooks musical instead of him just adapting one of his movies, but I would love to see Blazing Saddles done as a musical basically cause I would love to see how they would stage the campfire scene.

I loved The Producers and I actually thought that it was an original musical, I didn't know that it was his first movie, but that was when I wasn't into theatre and I watched I think it was a performance at the Macy's Parade or there was something on The Producers and I thought that it was something he created for the stage and that it wasn't a movie.

I didn't love Young Frankenstein as much as I loved The Producers, but I still enjoyed myself at YF and I'm in the process of going back to see it again. I love the score to YF and I listen to it alot. I was awe and the hair on the back of my neck stood up during "Life, Life" mainly because of those effects. I was in complete awe seeing the lighting and the sparks and that giant Tesla coil.

Videos