pixeltracker

How is the current cast of WICKED?- Page 2

How is the current cast of WICKED?

DefyGravity777
#25re: How is the current cast of WICKED?
Posted: 7/29/08 at 9:46pm

Ivan2, I guess you shouldn't be seeing the Broadway cast if you think so lowly of them.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Trap-Door Lover Profile Photo
Trap-Door Lover
#26re: How is the current cast of WICKED?
Posted: 7/31/08 at 2:07am

I saw Wicked on Saturday night. It seemed like everyone was out (Glinda and Fieyro). Glinda drove me crazy throughout the first act but I liked her better in the 2nd act.
What's the deal with Kerry? I was especially bummed because I went primarily to see her and ended up bored the whole time (I liked the London production so much better). I would have expected her to do Saturday night at least. Very disappointed.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27re: How is the current cast of WICKED?
Posted: 7/31/08 at 10:24am

Kerry Ellis is horrendous. One of the dullest, most uninteresting performances I have seen. She is about as exciting to watch as paint dry. Her voice is not impressive, which is a shame because I`ve heard some, ahem, archival footage of her from London and she sounded much better. I`ve heard she has been having vocal problems since coming over. Since she joined the cast, she has only done all 8 eight shows in a week once. You are MUCH better off seeing it when Julie Reiber is on, who knocks it out of the park. Far better voice, much better acting, and a hell of a lot more stage presence.

Kendra and Tveit are both very good, though not the best to play those roles.

The show is definitely a much better experience when Reiber is on.

DefyGravity777
#28re: How is the current cast of WICKED?
Posted: 7/31/08 at 11:21am

I seen the show yesterday and Kerry was the best I have ever seen her(I saw her twice before here in NY). Her voice was great as was her acting. She was very playful during her scenes and with Kendra. See has done 3 full weeks of 8 shows. She called off on Saturday night plus both of Sunday's shows.

adamgreer, you saw her her first night right? I can say that she is ALOT different than that night.

You're not better seeing Julie now though. Poor girl has the flu and could have gone on as Elphie yesterday without any makeup.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Videos