pixeltracker

Hair Cancellation/Stand-by Line- Page 2

Hair Cancellation/Stand-by Line

StarUsher Profile Photo
StarUsher
#25hair cancellation line
Posted: 9/4/08 at 5:20pm

Unfortunately while it may seem unfair that someone who waited all morning got a worse seat than someone who showed up later for the standbyline there is now way to regulste that sort of thing. Since the standby line is based on any cancellations or tickets that get returned to the box office in any way there is no possible way to predict how many there will be or where they will be located.

AntonEgo
#26hair cancellation line
Posted: 9/5/08 at 10:18am

Apparently, it's really easy to get tickets on weekdays now because people are back in school. I heard from the box office that you can sometimes go at 2 or 3 p.m. and still get tickets. And usually everyone in the standby line gets in. I'm sure it's harder on the weekends, but still probably not too hard to get tickets.

HollyDiver
#27hair cancellation line
Posted: 9/5/08 at 11:39am

I went last night after work and ended up only getting to the line around 6:15. There were about 60 people in line at this point. By the time it was 5 minutes to 8 there were at least 100 people behind me. My friend got there around 4:15, and there were only 8 people in front of her. She got her ticket at about 7:40, along with the first 20 or so. Then, at maybe 7:58 two people came out and just started going down the line and handing out tickets. I got my tickets and quickly rushed in. I didn't see if everyone got in or not but the lady who gave me the ticket had a wad of about 40 tickets in her hand that I could see. Also- while I was waiting in line they told us that the previous day everyone on the standing line got a ticket.

So, I was pretty damn excited that I got a ticket! I was 6th row, on the right side (not the far right)- not a bad seat at all for the price :)

I thought the show was great. The cast was energetic- I especially liked Kacie Sheik as as Jeanie! Swenson of course was great as Berger. Tanke was good, but I am one of the few people that liked Cry Baby and when I saw him in that as the lead 'square', I was in stitches and thought he stole the show...so I was expecting a lot from him! There were some sound problems during the second act, but all in all I really enjoyed it.

I'd rather be reckless than rockless.

Videos