pixeltracker

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB review- Page 3

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB review

Wildcard
#50Hilarious thread
Posted: 7/30/09 at 11:55am

The audience was polite for the most part. Only two or three songs got really loud applause and I didn't see anyone get standing ovations in the end. People were laughing at the appropriate points and clapping where they needed to. After the show however, I overheard people talking about how it was just "eh" and "funny but not too good."

beautywickedlover
#51Hilarious thread
Posted: 7/30/09 at 12:02pm

Looks like Brad Oscar won't be continuing with the show if it makes it to Broadway. He's going to play Inspector Kemp/Blind Hermit in the national tour of "Young Frankenstein."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/131563-Together_Again_Bart_and_Hensley_Will_Tour_in_Young_Frankenstein

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#52Hilarious thread
Posted: 7/30/09 at 6:31pm

Julia Murney in DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES all over again!

How many rats will be left when the ship finally sinks?

Mark her with a Z...

P

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#53Hilarious thread
Posted: 7/30/09 at 6:51pm

Call me crazy, but I thought DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES was a lot of fun. A good show? No way. It was a disaster. But it had the same campy thrills that ROCKY HORROR presented (albeit in an unintentional, less competent way) and the cast seemed fully aware of the ridiculousness they were asked to carry out night after night. The audience understood this, supported the cast in spite of their lackluster material, and the show had a surprising amount of energy for such an obvious bomb.

Of course, it never would have run given the budget and the fact that its goofy appeal does not rub every theatergoer the same way. But for what it was, I laughed a lot and had a great time.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#54Hilarious thread
Posted: 7/30/09 at 7:00pm

I think DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES had the best pop or rock score ever on Broadway. It was one of the most entertaining shows I have ever seen and it had as many brilliant moments as boneheaded ones, and given the chosen milieu of this production of the show... it almost worked. It was best in previews, when it was much more gothic and less jokey (and more Vegas-y), but that's what happens when the director is in Texas for the entire month of previews And Michael Crawford takes charge. "A runaway train," as Jim Steinman called it. At least SOMEONE took charge... all because Polanski couldn't come to NY. Ah, well.

<--- my favorite moment from the show.

A Good Nightmare Comes So Rarely,
I'll Show You Yours,
If You Show Me Mine,
P

Updated On: 7/30/09 at 07:00 PM

Videos