News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Harry Potter costs broadway show 400 K. - Page 3

Harry Potter costs broadway show 400 K.

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#50Harry Potter costs broadway show 400 K.
Posted: 7/18/11 at 8:44pm

Daniel Radcliffe does absolutely nothing "amazing" in HOW TO SUCCEED... That is from me, a tremendous fan of the show (I think it is one of three perfectly written musicals), but I enjoyed him in it. In fact, he shows just how limited he is (mostly an age and lack of direction thing), when he does "I Believe in You". He simply brings nothing to the number. Not a single thing. If you are a fan of his, he gives you lots of reasons to see and like him in the show. I barely know him. I know he's this big, international superstar, but I only ever saw half of the very first HP film, was bored, and never went back. When I met him after the show, I was actually taken by surprise by his English accent. He was, however, extremely cordial, gracious and remarkably ordinary. Also, a hell of a nice guy. This production is under directed and over-choreographed. It's also a light year better than the dreary Broderick/Mullally version. The multi-award-winning libretto and score are intact, which means, regardless of who's playing Finch, you're seeing a great show.

Videos