pixeltracker

Does anyone else miss the real lotteries?- Page 3

Does anyone else miss the real lotteries?

KathyNYC2
#50Does anyone else miss the real lotteries?
Posted: 3/13/16 at 11:30am

Yes Matilda used the 30 days lottery for most of it's run..and it worked fine...and was fair. They just eliminated the rule when the show was selling less tickets. You had family members of some cast members who would have bought a lottery ticket for each show their kid was in - for one. Plus they were not getting the same crowds to try their lottery. This was before they switched to a digital lottery - rush.

I just won the Today's tix lottery for She Loves Me for my daughter. If I want to try for myself, she has to do it for me because it clearly states only one win per show.

And I keep forgetting to answer the question at hand. Yes I miss the in-person lotteries though I get there is an advantage for some who are not available to be there in person.. to be able to use the digital ones.

But for me, I have met some really nice and interesting people on lottery lines over the years..and actually a few of them have remained some good friends. I kind of miss the waiting to see if your name is picked and the winners becoming so excited when they won. Miss that feeling for sure.

Updated On: 3/13/16 at 11:30 AM

bfreak
#51Does anyone else miss the real lotteries?
Posted: 3/13/16 at 3:47pm

N2NBaby, I have a few people entering the Hamilton lottery so I might have a shot at winning (a small shot though). They might not neccessarily want to see the show though if they win. So if they win and pick up the tickets and let's say I go with a friend or something, would the box office really mind if the person gave their tickets to me without selling them or scalping them or anything? I heard you say they usher you in right after you claim them.

Videos