News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KathyNYC2

Member Name: KathyNYC2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Dec 11 2023, 09:37:17 PM

And today it was reported that Waitress was in the top 10 of movies seen this past weekend. That’s pretty impressive. 

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Dec 8 2023, 11:17:41 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "Elspeth3 said: "Anyone see this tonight? I have tickets to a showing tomorrow and suspect that it will start more or less on time as opposed to having ~20 minutes of ads and previews beforehand like a normal movie but wanted to check to confirm. I was considering trying to see another movie beforehand but not sure I’ll have enough time."

I guess it depends on the theater. We saw it at Union Square in NYC and it started a full half

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Dec 8 2023, 11:14:55 PM

Sorry double post. See next. 

Notebook Musical coming to Broadway  Oct 27 2023, 01:57:29 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The Allies and Noahs from Chicago will make the transfer, with Dorian Harewood taking over for the late John Beasley.

This solves the Ryan Vasquez dilemma!
"

I can’t think of many who would successfully portray the elder Noah with the same sweetness as John Beasley but I’m very happy with Dorian Harewood. 

Cast Replacements  Oct 23 2023, 03:04:52 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "So Hailee remains out, and theyre not renewing her contract in December- curious if she comes back before then, or if they keep her throwing understudies on for her for the rest of her run..."

Hailee has been back for a little over a week with a slightly modified schedule  

Esparza out of Oliver! on 5/7 7PM show......  May 10 2023, 08:07:12 AM

I was there Tuesday night and we had the same announcement at the start of the show that Gavin just had a few hours put in rehearsal snd here he is. There was no indication thst this was his second standby show. There were two others out as well as noted in the insert..Mrs Sowersby and one make ensemble 

I love Raoul..hope he’s ok…but it’s clearly impossible to think that Gavin was not perfect for the role  

TKTS Line  Apr 22 2023, 09:42:08 PM

There are two signs - one on each side of the ticket windows..But there are also some TKTS employees talking to the people on line "helping" them decide what to see. A few of them are like bizarre...I have yet to figure out why you would recommend Kimberly Akimbo to an older non-american couple who barely spoke English and had no clue what it was about. This would not have been my first recommendation fo them... even though I personally loved it.

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023  Mar 28 2023, 10:19:48 PM

stoptheworld38 said: "ACL2006 said: "Were they filming this last night? Would love to watch this on BroadwayHD or something. Just have the fee go to the Actor's Fund."

I didn’t hear anything to the effect but oh gosh I really hope they did. I know getting tickets was near impossible for people who didn’t have them (myself included) for the original 2020 date, and I’d love for more people to be able to see this event.
"
<

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023  Mar 28 2023, 03:51:11 PM

dwirth said: "Amidst all the fantastic performances in Ragtime last night - including "as expected" greatness from Stokes and Audra - Peter Friedman's Tateh was the great performance I didn't know I needed to see again as much as I did.

"Peter was a little overlooked the first time around with Brian and Audra  He really quietly carries much of the show imo too  

Matilda!  Dec 30 2022, 02:19:36 AM

luvbrdway said: "I saw this on Broadway. I only know this because I have the Playbill. I do remember I could only understand maybe 25% of what was being said/sung.It obviously didn’t make an impression. But I loved this! And holy cow, what talented kids!"

IMO..a big reason why they did not WIN the Tony. 

Matilda!  Dec 30 2022, 02:17:47 AM

uncageg said: "Just finished watching. I was pretty much in tears for the last 10 minutes or so.

If I had one thing I was not crazy about, it was the way they did "When I Grow Up". That song just rips my heart out! Cried during it both times I saw the Musical on Broadway. I was kind of hoping they would incorporate the swings. Maybe switch from kids to adults and back swinging on them. (Just what I envisioned)

Yes the swings should have been incor

Netflix's MATILDA: THE MOVIE MUSICAL - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 18 2022, 02:16:48 AM

OK I know this is a minuscule questions. I know there is a new song for the finale but please someone tell; me if Matllda and Ms Honey cartwheel off into the sunset as they did on stage. I am not sure if would work the same way on film but it was one of my favorite moments of the musical on stage. Thanks in advance.

Cast Replacements  Dec 6 2022, 12:51:19 AM

I was working the early shift (I'm an usher there) so I only saw a small portion tonight and I was pretty busy with a full house and late seating, etc.  They seemed very new, confident, excited and enthusiastic. I'm probably not the best person to ask, having the seen the OG's (I am estimating) almost 400 times since Feb 2020 pre and post shutdown. I think I will need to see the newbies more to get a real perspective. 

Cast Replacements  Dec 5 2022, 07:59:21 PM

Tonight crowd is very enthusiastic as well but less wild. I don’t ever remember seeing a show before  where the entire cast is replaced at one moment. 

Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022  Nov 4 2022, 06:25:43 PM

I believe SiX has always replaced the entire cast at one time with the original London Co. 

ITW to perform on THE VIEW Oct 31  Nov 1 2022, 11:18:11 AM

David10086 said: "The View has had its share of Broadway musical performances over the past 16 years (Rosie brought them when she hosted). THIS has got to be the best , most memorable Broadway performance ever performed on their stage. I wish I could get to NY before it closes."

Fun that Sebastian Arcelus was on as The Baker in spite of the fact that he’s left the show. I’m wondering if this was pre-taped before he left or he just came back because Br

recent lotto  Oct 19 2022, 12:25:43 PM

TamzBway said: "Hey everyone,

Has anyone tried the Six digital lotto lately? I'm a bit confused...it says it closes at 6pm the day before, and winners will have up to 60 mins to claim tickets if they win...but it doesn't say when the actual drawing is! If anyone could shed some light on this, that'd be great :)

As well, could anyone let me know where seating locations have been lately? I hate heights so...just hoping for orch, but the show is selling

Six the Musical  Aug 10 2022, 04:44:45 PM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I’m a little confused as to why they just didn’t replace her during the hold as the understudy wasn’t one of the new covers that began tonight. Bre killed her solo and I can only imagine what she would’ve done the rest of the show. I hope she gets well soon if she’s hurt or ill!"

I don’t know the answer but I would imagine it takes a while to get into costume and makeup if Nicole had no hint that she m

Unpleasant theater audiences  Jul 10 2022, 08:15:31 PM

Nolan LuPone said: "I’ve been watching a recording of Six on YouTube and I can’t get over how fricking obnoxious the crowd is. Lots of unnecessary whooping and screaming. I kinda wanted to see the show, but now maybe not. Is the audience at Six always like this?"

No, I’m an usher there. For the most part audience cheer at clap at appropriate times, and rarely in the middle of a song. I think matinees are a bit quieter but with more inappropriate noi

NYC Renews Indoor Mask Advisory  Jul 8 2022, 06:18:14 PM

Yes and we ushers and front of house people get to be the guinea pigs.    Fun times!

Forget there is no longer a mask requirement for patrons.  On Wednesday an audience member decided her seat was a good place to floss her teeth. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You