pixeltracker

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway- Page 3

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway

camncal
#50Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway
Posted: 6/14/19 at 6:39pm

poisonivy2 said: "Well I think the movie Satine worked because Nicole Kidman is able to seem slightly creepy and disembodied onscreen. Like she's there but not there. She'sthe same way in The Hours, Pretty Little Lies, and The Others. I don't know of a Broadway singer currently who has that same ability to seem slightly kooky, out there, and ethereal."

i think Sierra Boggess would've been great for Satine, but she seems to have the worst luck to any show she attaches herself to. I definitely think Satine's character is completely different in the show. While Karen is a great actress and singer, she's just not right for this character. you never once felt for her, she was like "i'm a badass woman" throughout the whole show. And her strange take on an english accent was bizarre, i don't know if she dropped that or not.  

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#51Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway
Posted: 6/14/19 at 6:42pm

This just makes me happy I have the working script from when it almost opened at a themed venue in Vegas back in the early 2000s. It was much closer to the movie, and sounds a lot better. (Intriguingly, the title page says "LA BELLE BIZARRE DU MOULIN ROUGE," but bears no resemblance to the European show of the same name that was a loose adaptation of the film.)

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Videos