pixeltracker

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE VOTE!!!! -- The 1 GREATEST show tune of all time: Time to pick our finalists!- Page 3

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE VOTE!!!! -- The 1 GREATEST show tune of all time: Time to pick our finalists!

#50 PLEASE HELP! PLEASE VOTE!!!! -- The 1 GREATEST show tune of all time: Time to pick our finalists!
Posted: 8/8/03 at 1:18pm

Well...I have to say, I liked the vote for CARRIE "Out for Blood" but I think "Unsuspecting Hearts" is better or "And Eve was Week"

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#51re: PLEASE HELP! PLEASE VOTE!!!! -- The 1 GREATEST show tune of all time: Time to pick our finalists!
Posted: 8/8/03 at 3:30pm

Yes, I was shocked, SHOCKED that "Out For Blood" didn't receive more votes! re:  PLEASE HELP!  PLEASE VOTE!!!!  -- The 1 GREATEST show tune of all time: Time to pick our finalists!

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#52re: re: re: re: PLEASE HELP! PLEASE VOTE!!!! -- The 1 GREATEST show tune
Posted: 8/11/03 at 2:53am

Attention: Luluhed.

My comment about Hedwig/Mamma Mia was in regard to 'greatest showtune' not 'greatest showtune of the last five years'. Surely longevity has something to do with what constitutes a great showtune. You mention Hedwig as being nominated for a Grammy Award. I believe it's nomination was for technical merit not best or most popular score. You also said 'soundtrack', are you refering to the soundtrack of the film or the cast album?

As for Mamma Mia, this score is made up of pop tunes that have been recycled to fit a show. My observation was not in regard to taste, but was keeping in mind that a great showtune would need to be written specifically for a show as such.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
MagicRoy
#54re: re: re: re: re: re: PLEASE HELP! PLEASE VOTE!!!! -- The 1 GREATEST show t
Posted: 8/14/03 at 12:48am

Comedy Tonight
I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat
If I were a Rich Man (an actor can have lots of fun on stage with that one)
Betrayed from The Producers
Those were the Good Old Days from Damn Yankees

Videos