News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChrisLovesShows

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
Member Name: ChrisLovesShows
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hold me Bat Boy, Touch me Bat Boy, Come on Big Baby Come On: ADD YOURS  Feb 16 2023, 06:35:42 PM

Natural mental mashups: Add yours!  

OK, this happens to me almost every day.  I start singing or humming a tune and, either because the melody is similar or maybe a key change suggests it, I finish the phrase with lyrics from another song.  Here are two recent ones.

She goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper, and I'll never have that recipe again!

Hold me Bat Boy, touch me Bat Boy, come on big baby c

Carol Channing at Opening Night of Bette's Hello Dolly  Apr 19 2017, 04:09:05 PM

Hi Guys. Testing, Testing...my account.  I haven't posted in some time.  HI, Dollypop, Deena!

Great Performances: Show Boat  Jan 24 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Was this ever released to video or DVD?
Blast From The Past: Nathan Lane & Gregory Hines - 1995 Tonys  Apr 4 2011, 05:52:08 PM
I LOVED this when it first aired. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for bringing back this fun, fun, joyful memory!!!!
ayuda con 'Los Miserables'  Apr 4 2011, 02:27:44 AM
Thanks, Sergio. I noticed some differences during the show as I used to own the older cast recording. The new production is very good. Oddly, the song list in the "playbill" omitted several of the songs that were indeed in the show, including "On My Own," which I caught to be translated as "Para Mí¨ or perhaps ¨Solo Para Mí.¨ Un abrazo.
ayuda con "Los Miserables"  Apr 3 2011, 05:04:49 PM
Hey folks,
I went to the theater last night in Madrid to see "Los Miserables" and enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately, although 99% of the program was in Spanish, the list of songs was in English. Does anyone remember, or maybe you can look at the Spanish cast recording CD(s), the Spanish title of "A Little Fall or Rain?" My "Los Miserables" CD is back in the USA. Much appreciated!! Un abrazo, Chris

Beauty and the Beast question  Mar 27 2011, 12:56:15 PM
Thanks, Jaime! I forgot about fnac. I actually bought the Madrid cast recording of Spamalot there. Thanks for the reminder.
EDIT: Got it, Jaime! I'm going to order it, only 9 euros!! ¡Gracías! Un abrazo, Chris

Beauty and the Beast question  Mar 27 2011, 12:39:10 PM
Hello All,
The Spanish recording of La Bella y El Bestia (Broadway) is out of print, but I swear I recall that the original, animated film also had a Spanish recording and then even a re-issue when "Human Again" was added to the re-issue of the film. I can't even find a mention on the internet of the (Spanish) film soundtrack. Does anyone know where I might find it? Is my memory failing me? Thanks for helping.

Karen Morrow and John Raitt in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN  Feb 4 2011, 05:13:29 PM
Isn't there a studio recording of John Raitt in Annie GYG? Maybe with Florence Henderson as Annie.... I am making this up?
The New 'Glee' Cast Photos, or, Nobody at FOX Knows How to Use Photoshop.  Jan 15 2010, 10:58:14 AM
Don't you think it's intentionally "amateurish," like something the school itself would do?
A flying cow in any language!  Jan 14 2010, 04:25:22 PM
Well, I have to tell you guys that I am one happy show queen! I just spent two weeks in Madrid where I saw GREASE, CHICAGO, and SPAMALOT (all versions in Spanish). Chicago and Spamalot were both absolutely Broadway-class productions but, from what I've read and from my own observations, the Spanish just don't "get" Chicago very well. On the other hand, they seemed to love the very British humor of Spamalot. I had forgotten how many site gags there were in that show, which I suppose are funny
re: Eden as Eva Peron  May 8 2008, 10:40:43 PM
I think Barbara Eden would be great!
re: Songs of woe and suffering - saddest Broadway songs  Feb 14 2008, 11:53:39 PM
Wow, keep the great titles coming. Yes, Les Miz is pretty one sad one after another, punctuated by "Master of the House."
Songs of woe and suffering - saddest Broadway songs  Feb 14 2008, 11:15:14 PM
Ok guys, for a project I need to think of the saddest showtunes -- as many as possible. Really sad ones. Not only songs of love gone wrong, but of suffering, poverty, death -- good tear jerkers or just plain downers of any kind. What comes to mind?
re: Spanish Language Cast Recordings  Jan 30 2008, 08:54:28 AM
Husk,
I found quite a few of my Spanish cast recordings as London's dresscircle.com and a few others at amazon.co.uk. Definitely check out dresscircle (search for "spanish" or "spanish cast"). Let me look through mine and see if I can recall which ones came from where. I known you mentioned you looked at Footlight. If you like the Disney animated film soundtracks (Little Mermaid, Lion King, Hunchback, etc.), Footlight has the Spanish version of almost all of those.

re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?  Jan 19 2008, 12:45:40 PM
I do agree with the member who said that, although the girls may be mature enough for Spring Awakening, they would be uncomfortable sitting through it with a parent. Mortified is my guess. We are talking about simulated masturbation and intercourse on stage.....
re: The 'Applause' poster/banner ads  Jan 17 2008, 07:48:26 PM
Man, you silly people are neg-ah-tivo today! Can't we just all agree that we like it more than the Mormon Church banner add??

Pufnstuf. Hee, hee. I loved him. Witcheepoo. hee.

edit: For the Diana comparison (I definitely see it), don't you think the just-barely-there roundness in the abdomen would have sent the tabloids into a DIANA: PREGNANT??? madness?

re: High School Musical in Theatres 24 Oct  Jan 14 2008, 10:49:11 PM
Man, I am going! This is my guilty (not) pleasure for sure. Even my friends that know I'm a show queen can't quite get their heads around HSM.
re: Family Guy Musical References  Dec 14 2007, 04:36:52 PM
Does anyone else have the Family Guy Live in Vegas CD??
re: Family Guy Musical References  Dec 13 2007, 10:50:59 PM
Lake, I'm guessing that's a parody of the telephone song from
Bye Bye Birdie. ("Goin' Steady")

edit: I just looked at my CD. The song's name is "The Telephone Hour." Anyhoo, I don't think I've seen that episode, so that's just a guess.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You