Wicked Movie

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#50Wicked DVD-eh?
Posted: 10/9/04 at 6:00pm

I think that sounds amazing, as much as i love wicked i hate to have to keep spending 100$ of dollars just to go see it again! a movie would be great but let it play a bit longer. dont jump to conclusions!

Wicked Witch of the West

Sant
#51Wicked DVD-eh?
Posted: 10/9/04 at 9:26pm

"but how can you make a movie saying that the wicked witch and the scarecrow go off together, when in the wizard of oz she dies. they should use the book, it makes more sense. it wouldnt contridict any of the other writings."

That's the point of WICKED: it tells us the stuff that was not told in The Wizard Of Oz. It's like 'you know a story about these characters, but here's what REALLY happened.' In the musical Elphaba tells Glinda not ever to reveal the truth about her actions and motives (= things we've seen on the stage show) or clear her name. Instead the citizens of Oz are let to believe that she was simply evil, and that's the story we know from The Wizard of Oz. So it's sort of 'propaganda vs. truth' setting... So it doesn't contradict any other writings at all.

BwayLeadman
#52Wicked
Posted: 10/10/04 at 9:32pm

Can somebody explain how the story is set in the
book. Cause I hear that the book and the musical
contradict or not as exact. If someone has read the
book completely, please explain how the
story unravels in the book. Updated On: 10/12/04 at 09:32 PM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#53Wicked
Posted: 10/11/04 at 1:38pm

I haven't read the book but i noe a lot of ppl who have and i do noe the real story.. in the book Fiyero dies and soo much more happens that would take years to explain but i herd that Nessarose doesn't hav arms in the book and Elphaba enhances the shoes to help her with her blance... i noe, its weird.

Wicked Witch of the West

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#54Wicked
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:29pm

"That's the point of WICKED: it tells us the stuff that was not told in The Wizard Of Oz. It's like 'you know a story about these characters, but here's what REALLY happened.' In the musical Elphaba tells Glinda not ever to reveal the truth about her actions and motives (= things we've seen on the stage show) or clear her name. Instead the citizens of Oz are let to believe that she was simply evil, and that's the story we know from The Wizard of Oz. So it's sort of 'propaganda vs. truth' setting... So it doesn't contradict any other writings at all."

I think they were referring to the book, Wicked, not The Wizard of Oz.

Pet Peeve: "ppl" = polymorphic programming language
"noe" is a name that equates with Noah. If you mean "know", type "know". It's only one extra letter.
Cute chat shortcuts really annoy me, which I why I am never found in a chat room. Is it really cute, or just lazy?
I think this is necessary

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#55Wicked
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:32pm

I dont have time to write properly, though I do know how, don't you worry. My mother is an English teacher.

Wicked Witch of the West

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#56Wicked
Posted: 10/11/04 at 4:49pm

Elphie how many times have you seen this great show? :) jw.

*Kristen*

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#57Wicked
Posted: 10/11/04 at 5:26pm

tuthfully? None. i dont live in NY! i wish i did, but i dont. *tear* anyway, i do have the vocal selections, the OBC recording and parts of the score.. ive also seen a bunch of clips. i feel ashamed not having seen it!

Wicked Witch of the West

Videos