Wicked Movie

cutiepie0882 Profile Photo
cutiepie0882
#0Wicked Movie
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:49pm

I know this was a post before but it all seemed like it was just a rumor. Is it true that Wicked will be a movie or is it all just a rumor? If it's true, has it already been cast?

Thus is how the book of man and woman shall be written endlessly crashing into each other like 2 vengeful bumper cars - I Love You You're Perfect Now Change

Yankeefan007
#1re: Wicked Movie
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:52pm

rumor....the only movies that are in the works for now are hairspray, producers, rent, and damn yankees. phantom of the opera comes out over christmas

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#2re: Wicked Movie
Posted: 10/3/04 at 3:49pm

It's not 100% a rumor...they are working on putting it together...there are plenty of people involved that said yes, there will be a wicked movie and Kristin will play Glinda in it, they have to either use her or pay her uber cash...

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Chrysanthemum62001
#3re: Wicked Movie
Posted: 10/3/04 at 3:50pm

Oh god, not this again...

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

gwapnisky Profile Photo
gwapnisky
#4re: Wicked Movie
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:12pm

Next thing you know, they'll make Dracula a movie too.

Michael Strathmore Profile Photo
Michael Strathmore
#5Urinetown movie?
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:32pm

Where is the info on Urinetown being made into a film? Can someone send me a link or two?

--M--

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#6Wicked
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:33pm

Well, look on the bright side. There will be a new script; one that actually might not screw up the whole thing. Updated On: 10/3/04 at 04:33 PM

Scarywarhol
#7Wicked
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:33pm

Well, look on the bright side. There will be a new script; one that actually might not screw up the whole thing. Updated On: 10/3/04 at 04:33 PM

timote316
#8Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:34pm

The movie should be based on the novel, not the musical. I love the musical, but would love to see the novel a movie first.

Scarywarhol
#9Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:35pm

I think they should combine the musical and the book to make something better. The book made mistakes the musical didn't, the musical made MANY mistakes the book didn't Updated On: 10/3/04 at 04:35 PM

timote316
#10Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 4:41pm

If the musical does become a movie, I'd like to see the score extended, with new music.

Anyway, I just looked on IMDb, and there is no listing for Urinetown, so its all just rumors now. This would be an interesting film, tho... lol

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#11Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 5:07pm

I heard that the Wicked movie will be based on the book and not the musical.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#12Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 5:20pm

I hope they also release a recording of Wicked with the OBC.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#13Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 5:21pm

Urinetown was in very briefs talks to be turned into a film. As of right now I know that nothing new has happened with it, and no production date is set.

GOOD

lovettespies Profile Photo
lovettespies
#14Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 6:32pm

I justdon't see Urinetown as a movie. I would still see it, but I would be prepared for a dissapointment.

Keep the peace, take care of each other, and may you find your promised land. -TJST

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#15Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:26pm

Rob's blog said this today

Variety has an update on the current status of a bunch of movie musicals in "Hollywood sings a familiar tune." Included in the update are: Rent, Hairspray, Urinetown, Sunset Boulevard, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, Sweeney Todd, Damn Yankees, Guys and Dolls, Contact and Pippin. Who said movie musicals were dead? Of course, as the article notes, all eyes will be on the Phantom of the Opera film later this year, and its success will most probably speed up or slow down these other projects.

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#16Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:29pm

I would like to see Wicked as a movie, but based more on the book than the musical, with no songs in it.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#17Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:30pm

I agree with his Phantom quote. I mean, Mouline Rouge had familiar songs, and Chicago had gritty songs that were fun (and plus it was all in her head and not just busting into song). But Phantom is not like the two movie musicals at all. It has completly sung (with the exception of a few spoken lines), the music is not familiar (unless you are a fan of the show), and it is not fun like Chicago. I really do think this is the movie that is going to make or break the musical in Hollywood.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#18Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:32pm

Do you think a movie can do that novel justice?
It might be better to film the musical which is quite different.

Just picked up "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" the other day and I'm loving it.

Forgive me for reading the Robbins book slowly Pal Joey. :)

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

JekyllHyde88
#19Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:33pm

I'd definitely want the music to stay IN the movie. When you take the music out of a musical (i.e. when they did it with Les Mis), you ruin the show.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:34pm

"I hope they also release a recording of Wicked with the OBC..."

Um, they did.

I think if Urinetown was a movie, the Broadway fans would be the only people who truely appreciated it. Wicked BOOK

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#21Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 8:48pm

I got Wicked, the book for my birthday present and read it and this summer i read most of Gregory Maguire's other books only have Mirror, Mirror to read left. I love his style of writing, taking classic stories we all know and giving them a new twist. wonderful writer

need to defrag my brain.

#22Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 9:25pm

I would like to see the musical be made in to a movie, I loved it and I believe it would fare the best out of all other movie musicals because it is attached to the Wizard of Oz, which would increase it's audience, and almost everyone LOVES the wizard of oz!

Also, Universal owns the rights to the musical (and I am guessing the book) so I am sure they are already thinking of it, because with the money "Chicago" made and the awards it won I think Universal wants to put something out there and I think 'Wicked' is its best choice!

About Phantom being the deciding factor, I disagree because it is such an intense show, I think maybe 'Hairspray' or 'The Producers' will final the decisions, but if 'Phantom' does fare well in both box-office and oscars it certainly cannot do any harm lol!

Sorry for rambling and please pardon the bad spelling and grammer I am really really tired!

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#23Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 9:44pm

millie_dillmount, when I said recording, I meant a video tape of the show, like they did with the original cast of Into the Woods, not a CD. Wicked BOOK

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#24Wicked BOOK
Posted: 10/3/04 at 9:46pm

"I'd definitely want the music to stay IN the movie. When you take the music out of a musical (i.e. when they did it with Les Mis), you ruin the show. "

Well they wouldn't be taking the songs out of the musical version, if there were no songs it would be based on the novel, big difference.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Videos