pixeltracker

Questions for Local One members- Page 3

Questions for Local One members

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#50This is making me tired
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:51am

Tenacious, as someone previously suggested, go to Google and find the details of the claims and requests from both sides. I don't see any reason for someone to try to explain and possibly misrepresent the issue or leave something out when both sides have already talked about their issues.

As for the rest of us, we need to remember that contract negotiations (whether between a commercial landlord and tenant or between unions and management) are just that. Both sides have things they want...sometimes those things are unreasonable or unrealistic in a particular economy. Yes, unions have become top heavy and beaurocratic but they still keep management from taking advantage of and abusing workers.

In the case of the stagehand issues, these people have not struck in over 100 years. This is not a knee jerk reaction. Whether you agree with them or not, they have issues to resolve, just as transit workers, teachers, airline pilots and others have done before them. Justifying their issues to me, you or anyone else is not really required. People who love theater are disappointed. People who love NY are disappointed. It will pass. In the meantime, if an individual wants to demand an answer that is their right but those who post on this board do not officially represent the union or the producers.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

Videos