News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08- Page 3

My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#50re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:33pm

I was at the 4/26 matinee, too. It was my first Spring Awakening (although I've listened to the cast CD backwards and forwards). Sat in row A of the Mezz, but would like to do stage seats or front orchestra next time. Really enjoyed the show. Loved the staging, lighting design, choreography, and energy of the young cast. Wish I could have seen John Gallagher Jr. as Moritz, but glad I at least got Johnathn Groff and Lea Michelle.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#51re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:41pm

Oh cool! You were like 3 rows ahead of me! I was dead center, where were you?

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#52re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:43pm

So when is Kyle's rumored start date?

oohshizz146
#53re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:47pm

Well, JonGroff leaves May 18th. Anyone know if hes taking over immediately?

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#54re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:48pm

I think I was 3 seats over on the right side of the right aisle. That first row has zero leg room.

I was pleased to see so many young people in the audience, as it's a great show for them (I'm 40). The touring production is coming to my hometown of Toronto next year, but I'd like to come back and see it again on Broadway after the cast changes.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#55re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:48pm

Kyle is going to start in June some time.

oohshizz146
#56re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 10:53pm

Oh, cool, Canmark! I hear front row mezz is the best, even if there isn't any legroom lol.

Yeah, I'm 15. And no show has ever touched me like this one has. Its really special to me. It's not just a fangirl obsession for me, it's like an emotional experience when I see it.

I'm still waiting to hear if it's coming to Boston, they announce it May 5th. I will definitely see it if it is, and if its during August I may rush it a few times, hehe =)

oohshizz146
#57re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/27/08 at 11:35pm

Whose gonna be playing Melchi until Kyle comes in?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#58re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/28/08 at 6:34am

probably Jesse

oohshizz146
#59re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/28/08 at 6:42am

Oh right, that would make more sense...

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#60re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/28/08 at 7:35am

I saw Jesse as Hanschen and he was hilarious and has such a nice voice. Also, he's going to be on Gossip Girl tonight, which is amazing. He's playing Jenny's new boyfriend, Asher.

I kind of want to see him as Melchior, I think he'd be amazing. When I went I saw Matt as Melchior and he was incredible. His voice is beautiful and his acting was fantastic. I also saw Alexandra Socha as Wendla, she was great, but her voice was a bit shaky during "Whispering" but her acting was incredible as well.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ooshizzz146 Profile Photo
ooshizzz146
#61re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/28/08 at 8:34am

I totally think Duncan Sheik wrote this show just for me. If you guys think this show is for everyone, you're wrong. It's all mine.

drama mama Profile Photo
drama mama
#62re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/28/08 at 12:05pm

I,too, was at the April 26th matinee and had stage seating (stage right) Only complaint was that you couldn't hear as well. Loved the fact that Sylar sat down right next to my partner and said "Here we go" right before Lea started to sing. Being on stage for "Totally F*****" was the best. I was swept away by the energy of the cast and had to restrain myself from getting up and dancing! And I must say, Jonathan Groff is quite possibly the nicest actor on Broadway. He took the time to talk to/take pictures with every fan who waited outside and he was very sincere when he was talking to us. Blake had some big shoes to fill by replacing John Gallagher, but he did a great job. Love the show!

oohshizz146
#63re: My review of Spring Awakening matinee 4/26/08
Posted: 4/28/08 at 5:33pm

KNOCK IT OFF, SOCK PUPPET!

Videos