pixeltracker

Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway- Page 3

Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway

PianoMan2
#50re: Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway
Posted: 4/30/09 at 10:32am

I had to do Amtrak from Texas to New York once - long story short I was finishing up a show, had a really bad ear infection, and since my ears don't adjust well to pressure on air crafts, I didn't want to risk the eardrums rupturing (yeah it was that bad).

Fortunately, I recently had tubes put into my ears, but I think it is certainly a different experience. First of all, Amtrak seats are comfortable, as opposed to being crammed in on an airplane seat. Also, Amtrak won't charge (yet anyway) for extra luggage. I find it generally a more comfortable trip, despite the length.

Let us know what you decide!

Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
#51re: Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway
Posted: 5/7/09 at 7:09pm

Thanks to all of the advice. I had a Great time and got a chance to see 5 shows in five days...on the sixth day I rested.

Going home on Amtrak was actually alot of fun. I met some wonderful people. Next year I will fly to Manhattan and take Amtrak back home.

I saw some wonderful ladies of Broadway including Jane Fonda, Tovah Feldshuh, Susan Sarandon, Lauren Ambrose, Estelle Parsons, Elizabeth Ashley and the amazing Angela Lansbury

I also met many New Yorkers who were so kind to me.

Thanks to all especially Miss Penneywise...

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#52re: Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway
Posted: 5/7/09 at 7:11pm

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Gothampc
#53re: Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway
Posted: 5/7/09 at 7:22pm

How was the train? How many transfers did you have? Did it run on time?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
#54re: Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway
Posted: 5/7/09 at 7:26pm

Yes, it was on time both ways...Got the bus in Eugene to Portland, got on the train to Chicago and then got on another train to Manhattan

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#55re: Taking AMTRAK from the west coast to Broadway
Posted: 5/7/09 at 9:29pm

If you have more time and if money is not an issue, it would be nice to start from CA then go through different theathers across the country and watch different local productions or even catch a tour nearby then when you get to Broadway...knock yourself out with more shows!

On the way back, just relax and or take a different route and see more shows from different cities!

I would love to do that.

Videos