pixeltracker

Should Actors Who Kiss Get Vaccinated?- Page 3

Should Actors Who Kiss Get Vaccinated?

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#50re: Should Actors Who Kiss Get Vaccinated?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 9:12pm

So anyone who wants Gardisil can get it, and it would not be hard to find a doctor to do it. Getting your insurance to pay for it is another matter. Very unlikely, if not impossible.

Due to a very insistent mother who made me get the Gardisil vacine before insurance started covering it for females in the desired age range, it is ~$260 a shot - and you need 3 of them over a 6 month period. That is no chunk change.

I can't believe this thread exists. If you don't want to risk kissing your co-star, then perhaps acting just isn't the profession for you.

brittyluvsbway
#51re: Should Actors Who Kiss Get Vaccinated?
Posted: 5/16/09 at 9:51pm

while we're at it lets stop kissing our spouses too, we could get sick from them. oh, and everyone should be vaccinated before they get new love interests or lovers, just incase.

seriously, it may not always be pleasant to "french kiss" our fellow actors, but its part of the biz. if you want the audience to believe you're in love, you've gotta have a big, passionate kiss. maybe not always, but i know that when i see it, it gives me a warm fuzzy inside. so im guessing most people feel that way.

it could be required that actors notify their cast and director of any illnesses or infections that may be transmitted by kissing. but that seems silly too. sure,kissing can get you sick, but the number one way to pick up other peoples viruses and whatnot is by touch. the doorknob, light switch, props, etc. i know this isn't the case with HPV, but seriously, how credible is this article you read? did THE health department release it? if not, it has no credibility in the US.

Videos