pixeltracker

What is the best show you have ever seen?- Page 4

What is the best show you have ever seen?

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#75What is the best show you have ever seen?
Posted: 7/24/11 at 10:26pm

Show Boat (1994 Broadway revival) I saw this revival in 1995. I was six and it was my third Broadway show. I still remember being completely memorized by what I was seeing onstage.

Grey Gardens - This show really hit home for me. I got to see Christine Ebersole and Maureen Moore and both were excellent.

Gypsy (2008 Broadway revival) I ended up seeing the revival seven times, including the first post Tony performance. I waited in line for 13 hours to get front row rush seats for the final performance of the run and it was an experience. I couldn't get enough of Patti, Laura, and Boyd in those roles.

Next to Normal - Between the Off-Broadway and Bway runs, I saw N2N ten times. All of the casts were wonderful, but there was something about the first preview at the Booth.

The Scottsboro Boys - I only regret that I didn't make a repeat visit. I just thought it was brilliant and I wish it had run longer.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Videos