News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for defyingravity11

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
Member Name: defyingravity11
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Life & Slimes of Marc Summers  Feb 15 2024, 09:51:41 PM

Lena Hall made a guest appearance as a contestant tonight! And per her request, she was pied in the face. Marc mentioned that she's working on a one woman show. Can't wait for that!

Life and Slimes is a delight and there's a lot more to the show than I expected.

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 27 2023, 03:02:39 PM

I don't have the coffee table book from the original Broadway production in front of me, but I believe it indicates that "I'm Here" was not written for the out of town tryout. The writers had conversations with LaChanze where she expressed what the character was feeling at that point in the show. It was only then that they wrote the song.

Happy Birthday to Chita  Feb 9 2023, 05:55:31 PM

The Entertainment Community Fund is throwing a benefit concert at the Shubert.

And All That Jazz: A Celebration of the Legendary Chita Rivera
Monday, February 20, 2023, 7:30 pm

The event will feature Laura Benanti, Jason Danieley, George Dvorsky, Andy Karl, Nathan Lane, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Bebe Neuwirth, Orfeh, Mary Beth Peil, John Riddle, Leslie Uggams, Betsy Wolfe,  the American Pops Orchestra conducted by Luke Frazier and iconic dance numbers staged by Lloyd Culbreath.

Shows offering lottery/rush tickets this holiday week?  Dec 26 2022, 12:01:57 PM

Like yyys mentioned, Little Shop has been offering lottery tickets for this week at rush.telecharge.com

They're also offering lottery tickets to Almost Famous, A Beautiful Noise, Fiddler on the Roof, Kimberly Akmibo, Leopoldstadt, Ohio State Murders, The Phantom of the Opera, The Piano Lesson, The Play That Goes Wrong, A Sherlock Carol, Some Like It Hot, A Strange Loop, Take Me Out and Topdog/Underdog.

And they have digital rush tickets for Fiddler on the Roof, A Sherlock Carol and A Strange Loop.

Max Clayton was amazing tonight!  Nov 20 2022, 12:34:03 PM

Caught the show again last night. I saw Max Clayton and Kathy Voytko individually before and it was a delight to see them together. Max was much more playful this time around. I initially saw Kathy the first time she went on and see was great under the circumstances. She has grown substantially in the role. It's still in the vein of Sutton's take, but the humor seems uniquely her own. Most notably, she is now singing "My White Night" in the original key which really allows h

Spring Awakening Reunion?  Nov 16 2021, 12:01:49 AM

veronicamae said: "JasonC3 said: "Given that these types of events happen fairly regularly, I'd love to know what faulty assumptions the organizers made that led to such a bad logistics experience."

Right? A full Broadway show happens in that theater every night. Why on earth was this handled any differently? Was it due to the ticketing - i.e. it wasn't done through Telecharge? Were all tickets will call only? So confusing.
"

No,

TOP 10 PERFORMANCES OF THE DECADE  Dec 31 2019, 12:41:41 PM

Nina Arianda in Venus in Fur
Bryan Cranston in Network
Glenda Jackson in Three Tall Women
Cherry Jones, Zachary Quinto, Celia Keenan-Bolger and Brian J. Smith in The Glass Menagerie
Audra McDonald in Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill
Laurie Metcalf in A Doll’s House, Part 2
John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Cynthia Nixon in Wit
Bernadette Peters and El

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Dec 31 2019, 12:05:32 PM

Limiting it to just Broadway...

Musical
The Band’s Visit
The Book of Mormon
Come From Away
Dear Evan Hansen
Fun Home
Hadestown
Hamilton
Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812
Once
The Scottsboro Boys

Play
Choir Boy
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
A Doll's House, Part 2
Eclipsed
The Humans
Indecent
The Inheritance
Peter and

What is the best Stage Performance You Have Ever Seen?  Nov 5 2018, 09:49:39 PM

The first 10 that come to mind:

Nina Arianda in Venus in Fur
Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens
Ellen Greene in Little Shop of Horrors
Glenda Jackson in Three Tall Women
Tracy Letts in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Patti LuPone in Gypsy
Audra McDonald in Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill
John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Amy Morton in

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17  Apr 28 2018, 10:17:38 AM

The "no ticketing sessions available" message doesn't mean the site crashed. It means that all of the ticketing sessions are being used and you need to wait until someone completes their session. I got the message and then tried again and got right through. Super exited!

Broadway - Photography, Window Cards, and Insights for a 1st Timer  Apr 5 2018, 09:16:08 PM

You'll definitely want a shot of the Shubert/Booth wall in Shubert Alley between 44th and 45th Streets. There's also a plaque embedded in the ground.

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 10:37:10 AM

The Telecharge Winter Storm box takes you to this page if you're having trouble finding it: https://www.telecharge.com/orderstatus.aspx

MEAN GIRLS Previews  Mar 19 2018, 11:37:03 PM

^ I never would have guessed that it was her first time on. She was wonderful!

Can you rate the disney musicals against each other?  Feb 26 2018, 11:25:08 PM

In order of how much I enjoyed them:

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Aida
3. Peter and the Starcatcher (if we’re counting this one)
4. Newsies
5. Marry Poppins
6. The Lion King
7. Aladdin
8. The Little Mermaid
9. Tarzan

Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)  Feb 13 2018, 09:57:33 PM

It was a magical experience! The talent onstage was incredible and the audience was living for it. The only time I've seen people leap to their feet that quickly was after Rose's Turn at Patti's final performance.

A great use for phones in the theater!  Feb 12 2018, 11:15:51 AM

LizzieCurry said: "For those afraid of URL shorteners, it's an NPR link (this is the longer version):https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/02/11/582527472/its-ok-to-look-at-your-phone-at-a-broadway-show-if-your-hearing-is-impaired

They talked about this quite a bit at BroadwayCon last year and this. I'm really impressed. I didn't get to ask, though, what resources they might have for a patron who doesn't have a smartphone — would theatres have a stripped-down spare smartphone in the house?
"

Yes, at one of the Shubert talks they said there are providing devices that patrons can use if they don't bring a compatible device.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Feb 9 2018, 12:33:44 PM

CT2NYC said: "Lot666 said: "kade.ivy said: "Yes, hopefully this loads. It’s from the show’s site."

Thanks; it didn't display here for me, but I found it on the website.

I hate seating charts like this because they don't really tell you where the seats are. For example, it shows that orchestra seat 1 is on the center isle, but that's it. There's no indication as to how high the numbers run in each row.
<

Dear Evan Hansen Fan Day  Oct 31 2017, 11:23:50 AM

Wick3 said: "It's a way for the producers and cast to say Thank you to its fans, hence why it's free. It'll be interesting to see if it's assigned seating or general admission seating (I'd imagine people will sleepover at the Music Box the night before just to get that center orch seat!)

Here's an article back in 2011 when Book of Mormon did it for its fans.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/book-of-mormon-free-fan-performance

Back then, the BOM fan performance lottery was based on roughly 35 days of entries so the winners tend to be the show's biggest fans.
"

Per the lottery website: "Seats may be located in the orchestra, mezzanine or boxes of the theater and may have a partial view of the stage. Your place in line has no impact on your seat assignment, as ticket locations are selected at random. Arriving early to Dear Evan Hansen Fan Day does not guarantee better seats."

My Fair Lady  Oct 29 2017, 10:10:40 AM

Hairspray, it must be your connection or IP. I just got LincTix in under 2 minutes and I was able to check availability on Telecharge.

Deconstructing Patti  Sep 25 2017, 02:58:49 AM

It was incredible. Lots of stories. Some from her book and some that I've never heard before. 2 hours and 15 intermissionless minutes of bliss! Here's what I remember of the program:

1. Some People
  2. Sleepy Man
  3. As Long as He Needs Me
  4. I Dreamed a Dream
  5. Valjean's Death (with Frances Ruffelle)
  6. On My Own (Frances Ruffelle)
  7. Trouble
  8. You’re the Top (with Howard McGillin)
  9. High Flying Adored (with Raúl
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You