Best triple threat

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#75re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/22/04 at 7:47pm

You know who I forgot? Harry Groener! The first time I saw him was as Ralph on the sitcom "Dear John" (I didn't know at the time he was in the original cast of CATS). When I found out that Bobby from CRAZY FOR YOU was HIM I was speechless! I shocked he hasn't starred in more musicals!

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!
Updated On: 6/22/04 at 07:47 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#76re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/22/04 at 8:20pm

What is surprising me is the sheer number of respondents who have come up with Sutton Foster...perhaps we need a history of theater lesson on this board...and I realize I asked for a contemporary performer as well, but I don't think Sutton has done enough of a variety of work to be judged fairly.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#77re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/22/04 at 10:08pm

Can't believe I didn't mention Debbie Reynolds, either!

And I agree with Rathnait62. We need a history lesson. We are forgetting many great performers from the past who were excellent triple threats

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#78re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/22/04 at 10:16pm

What about Toni Collete? Has anyone mentioned her yet?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#79re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/22/04 at 10:37pm

Good one CastAlbum!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

milliefan19222
#80re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/23/04 at 2:43am

SUTTON!! :) She amazes me

Hank
#81re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/23/04 at 8:43pm

Sutton Foster is the most amazing newcomer to come along in a long time, and her dancing is wonderful! In "Nuttycracker", with all that's going on in that scene, all eyes are on Sutton. In the opening scene, she projects the magic that makes us all love musical theatre so much.

After having seen the final performance of Thoroughly Modern Millie, I was very much impressed with Jessica Grove as Miss Dorothy. Even though she only played this role the last few weeks after being an understudy for some time, she has an impressive resume including Dorothy in Wizard of Oz at MSG, and as Eponine in Les Mis, (sound familiar?). I just think she deserves a mention on this thread as an up and coming Triple.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#82re: Best triple threat
Posted: 6/25/04 at 12:34pm

I'm not sure if she's been mentioned, but Amy Spanger is an amazing triple threat.

Videos