pixeltracker

Will we see a "Funny Girl" revival?- Page 4

Will we see a "Funny Girl" revival?

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#75re: Will we see a 'Funny Girl' revival?
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:53pm

I would have loved to see Stephanie J. Block in Funny Girl!

However, since that won't happen....thanks for the pictures. I love 'em.

#76re: Will we see a 'Funny Girl' revival?
Posted: 6/4/07 at 7:15pm

"Sondheim was the first choice for lyricist but dropped out early in the creative process. It was originally going to be a vehicle for Mary Martin, to which Sondheim said "No. You need to have a Jewish girl. And if she's not Jewish, she has to have the nose." "

I always assumed he musta at least been asked (of course we all know he didn't want to do lyrics anymore--and he was prob especially still hurting after Waltz) but where's that quote from? I'm surprised I never read it in any of the Sondheim books--still he's right of course re: Will we see a 'Funny Girl' revival?

Didn't a Canadian husband wife team take over when Fanny left (the husband playign minro roles I think)--i think she performed Where Are You Now on Ed Sullivan

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#77re: Will we see a 'Funny Girl' revival?
Posted: 6/4/07 at 8:33pm

If you get the 101 Greatest Broadway Musicals book, it states it in the section on Funny Girl. Fabulous book, pretty much a must if not for some of the picks (he has Cats and Phantom of the Opera, yet no Nine or Sunday in the Park with George) than for the fantastic color photos, Broadway profiles, and some very interesting backstage facts on some of the musicals. There are also one page recurring sections that pop up such as "T&A" representing sex appeal in musicals (Gwen Verdon in Redhead and Anita Morris in Nine), "Great scores from So-So shows" (Candide, Merrily..., etc.) and such.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Videos