News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

bare The Complete Studio Recording- Page 5

bare The Complete Studio Recording

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#100re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 10:45am

Im sad that Michael and Natalie arn't on it...But I really hope that Jenna Leigh Green is on it, if she is I will be content.

outovfashion07
#101re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 11:21am

I'm thinking Jenna is a very strong possibility which is fantastic because I don't think anyone could sing "All Grown Up" like her.

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#102re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 12:44pm

I'm not saying he is or isn't on, but John Hill is out in LA too.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#103re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 1:50pm

I like John Hill but he was my least favorite of all of the leads. I will miss Natalie the most re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording but hoping Jenna is on the recording!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

outovfashion07
#104re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 4:29pm

Oh Shiksa don't tease it's just mean :P

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#105re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 5:27pm

The recording will take some getting used to because I'm so familiar with the NY production. I have the script from TWW and while it is still great there are some (To me) big changes in it. My favorite song in the NY production was "Bare" and it has had quite a re-write, as well as some others small changes. Most aren't anything that changed the meaning but will jump out to those that have the songs memorized, a word here or there.

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

playbilled
#106re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/5/07 at 12:51am

It's so great that new people will be able to hear bare. I know I discovered half of the musicals I love from listening the the albums when I was younger. Maybe new excitement over it will take it back to NY or something!...

Or maybe I'm dreaming. I just really want bare to come back...even if broadway couldn't handle it...I just wish it could.

Updated On: 8/5/07 at 12:51 AM

brdlwyr
#107re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/5/07 at 1:09am

Outof, if this marketing tool works, then props to you. Please send me the stats when the cast is announced.

outovfashion07
#108re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/5/07 at 3:04am

What are you talking about? I have NOTHING to do with this show or recording.

playbilled
#109re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/5/07 at 9:50pm

...random..

Are there any more casting rumors out there? Anyone heard anything else?

outovfashion07
#110re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/6/07 at 3:36pm

Nope I think this cast will probably be top secret until the official announcement.

#111re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:08pm

Why did they return back to Plain Jane Fatass? Does anyone know? I adored that, but Love, Dad was also great..

And did the Playbill article get it wrong, or are they really setting Queen Mab after Bare?

Is it just going to be the LA score as opposed to the NY one?

playbilled
#112re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:23pm

Well...they've been actively working on this piece since it was off-broadway 3 years ago..so I'm assuming a lot has changed. I'm sure the music is still as great as it was, but placement of songs, lyrical changes and what not are bound to pop up.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#113re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:31pm

It looks like 'Bare' is indeed now before 'Queen Mab'. I guess it works on a realism level, but on an emotional level, I think I much preferred it the other way round. :/

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#114re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:34pm

The only cast member for the CD I know of is Matt Doyle (currently appearng in "Spring Awakening.")

Not sure what role he's playing or who else is involved.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/12/07 at 08:34 PM

#115re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:34pm

Absolutely not. Bare needs to go after Queen Mab. It's not the same effect. The ending of Bare with Peter holding Jason trasitions perfectly into A Glooming Peace.. Queen Mab in there... gah. Angered.

zorabet
#116re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/13/07 at 2:57am

I managed to get a copy of the new script and, yes, Bare is befoe Queen Mab. But! It works better, I swear.

Essentially, Bare happens, then queen Mab, at which point Jason begins to become very disoriented and mess up lines and such(which is more accurate as to the actual effects of GHB). Peter then pulls him aside and takes note of how "high" he is, which lets us know that he has no clue Jason is dying. They are then pulled back out for the ball scene, where Jason still coughs and lunges for Peter and is carried out, and it launches into A Glooming Peace the exact same way.

Personally, I think it has a bit more emotional impact because of Peter obviously not knowing Jason is about to die and thinking they'll be together and everything will be okay. So. Um. If any of you have questions about the new script, you can IM me at TakeMeBabyyyy(ignore my horrible screenname) and I'll be happy to answer them for you. :)

RyToast1
#117re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 12:38pm

So, allegedly, tomorrow is the day that the cast list will be announced? Do you think it'll be on that website? Do you think it'll actually go up as scheduled?

So excited!!!!

RyToast1
#118re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 12:39pm

Updated On: 8/14/07 at 12:39 PM

outovfashion07
#119re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 8:49pm

I am debating weather or not to stay up til 12 just to see if the cast list does indeed go up.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#120re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 8:52pm

I have to work tomorrow, so I'm not going to know until 4! Guurrr.

#121re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 9:16pm

Even if you don't stay up till midnight, there will definately be news here. Oh, god, is it pathetic to say that I'm nervous??

And anyone think that some of the LA cast will be on there? It's possible, IMO. Plus, JLG has to be on there. HAS to be. She was both apart of the LA and NY. It'd be a literal crime to not include her.

playbilled
#122re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 10:00pm

I'm crazy CRAZY excited right now. It better be posted...is all I'm saying!

Jenna must be a part of it...How could she not? I hear there are MANY new faces though...Maybe that's not a bad thing...it's sort of exciting...and makes it the wait to see how the actual album will turn out even more exciting.

I saw Spring Awakening tonight and tried to grill Matt Doyle. He wouldn't say a word! He just smiled and tried to awkwardly change the subject! ahaha.

I'm dying to know who he's playing!

playbilled
#123re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 10:01pm

Also, I doubt that it will be posted at midnight...for one thing, this is all based in LA so our midnight is their 9 pm.
Updated On: 8/14/07 at 10:01 PM

playbilled
#124re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/14/07 at 10:01pm

Also, I doubt that it will be posted at midnight...for one thing, this is all based in LA so our midnight is their 9 pm.

Videos