pixeltracker

STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!! -- I heard it from someone in LA who w- Page 6

STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!! -- I heard it from someone in LA who w

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#125re: It's OFFICIAL-- STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!!
Posted: 9/17/06 at 12:09am

Emma Thompson would have been a good choice as would have Toni Collette.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#126re: It's OFFICIAL-- STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!!
Posted: 9/17/06 at 12:12am

"Blowsey as in just out of bed, been through the mill."

I'd say she's that too in that film, and in real life actually.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#127re: It's OFFICIAL-- STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!!
Posted: 9/17/06 at 12:17am

Well, okay, maybe not just out of bed, but I'm sure they can make her look worn out and a bit dowdy in the film.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Tir Na Nog
#128re: It's OFFICIAL-- STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!!
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:51am

How about Blanchett? She is the Meryl Streep of our generation. She could play the hell out of Lovett!

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

wishinguweresomehow Profile Photo
wishinguweresomehow
#129re: It's OFFICIAL-- STREEP TO PLAY MRS. LOVETT IN FILM!!
Posted: 9/17/06 at 4:30pm

As much as I would like to see Streep play Mrs. Lovett, and as much as I enjoy reading this thread and the controversy it brings...perhaps we should wait until we have this confirmed by a reliable source before we start criticizing her acting capabilities and her accents. Which, with Burton directing, God only knows what is instore for us.

Just a thought...

"Not everyone can come and go by bubble"

Videos