pixeltracker

Angelina Jolie to Play Disney Villain Maleficent (First Trailer)- Page 7

Angelina Jolie to Play Disney Villain Maleficent (First Trailer)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#150Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent
Posted: 5/2/14 at 5:14pm

We don't get nice things like that here. We're the red-headed stepchild of the North American parks. Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent

DHS needs a DCA style makeover, but we'll never get it.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#151Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent
Posted: 5/2/14 at 5:49pm

The effects were already part of A BUGS LIFE show, so it didn't take much to add them. It was sort of cool for them to use that theatre, because it feels like you are underground, or part of 'middle earth', so to speak.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#152Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent
Posted: 5/2/14 at 11:14pm

I had no idea DCA discontinued A Bug's Life!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#153Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent
Posted: 5/3/14 at 1:30pm

They haven't. It's on hiatus while they are showing the extended preview, and then it will be back.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

beautywickedlover
#154Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent
Posted: 5/8/14 at 11:07am

I've certainly heard all of the lines in this clip man times over the years. However, they gave Merriweather's line of Maleficent not being welcome to King Stefan. Maleficent also refers to Stefan as "STEFON". LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-XZSE3a_c

beautywickedlover
#155Angelina Jolie in Talks to Play Disney Villain Maleficent
Posted: 5/29/14 at 2:05pm

When 'Sleeping Beauty' opened 55 years ago in theaters, it was not able to turn a profit at the box office because it was so expensive to make. Back then a film making $7.7 million against a budget of $6 million isn't a success. It's high production costs coupled with the underperformance of much of the rest of Disney's 1959–1960 release slate resulted in the company posting its first annual loss in a decade for fiscal year 1960, and massive layoffs were done throughout the animation department. They had to make sure the production costs for 'One Hundred and One Dalmatians' were much lower. 'Sleeping Beauty' was the second Disney animated movie from the 1950's to never be re-released theatrically in Walt Disney's lifetime; the first was 'Alice in Wonderland'. However, both films would later gain a following and had theatrical re-releases in the decades that followed.

I wonder if history will have a way of repeating itself with the box office grosses from this film. Variety has the box office forecast for the movie this weekend and its following weeks.

Box Office: Angelina Jolie’s ‘Maleficent’ Looks to Put a Spell on Seth MacFarlane