Born Yesterday Revival

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#50Born Yesterday Revival
Posted: 4/17/11 at 11:47pm

OMG, see Born Yesterday over High. I can't stress this enough. High is *painful*. Born Yesterday is fantastic!!

jbm2
#51Born Yesterday Revival
Posted: 4/18/11 at 9:59am

whats the running time of this show?

Okayfine
#52Born Yesterday Revival
Posted: 4/18/11 at 9:43pm

they have it down to 2:31 (or so)

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#53Born Yesterday Revival
Posted: 4/23/11 at 9:58am

Just wanted to mention that I saw this last night and agree with all of the raves posted here for Nina Arianda. She really gave an amazing performance! Charming, funny, touching, believable...lots of little acting choices that really brought the character to life...a total pleasure to watch and appreciate.

I thought all of the male leads did well although I had somewhat mixed feelings about Robert Sean Leonard at first; he was playing the role in a very understated way at first, which almost made him lost next to Belushi, but by the end of the play I thought he was fine. Belushi I thought did well with what is not a very appealing role; yes, he did do a lot of shouting, but as others have said, that's part of the character. I thought he did a good job in gradually revealing the dark side of Brock; he starts out as this sort of rough-edged, amusing "junkyard king" and gradually reveals the other, not-so-nice aspects of his personality.

I actually liked Wood in the part of the lawyer; I thought he did a good job in portraying this guy who had started out with high ideals and an important government job (although it would have been nice to get that info. earlier in the play) and really hated himself now for what he'd become.

The theater looked just about full to me and I saw lots of tourists (including a Russian family behind me who had to keep translating for one another, sigh) so I think if the reviews are good (which I can't imagine they won't be, at least for Arianda) it will do well!

Maggie-the-schnoodle

Videos