pixeltracker

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012- Page 4

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012

Jonwo
#75Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/24/11 at 8:29pm

I think Caissie and Sharon will transfer. With the Lunt Fontanne now available, I'm thinking they'll grab it before another big show secures it.

beautywickedlover
#76Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/25/11 at 2:12pm

Since Laura Michelle Kelly is leaving "Mary Poppins" this October I wonder if there's a chance that she will either originate the role on Broadway in Levy does not transfer or replace Levy in the West End production.

Steffanie Leigh Will Be Broadway's Next Mary Poppins

KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#77Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/26/11 at 1:05pm

Some really good casting ideas here re. Molly, but I would bet my money on Caissie transferring to Broadway. She's the only North American in the London production, she's AEA, she's got the resume, and her performance in HAIR gained her a respectable fan base. Regardless of mixed reviews of the show, it is a hit in London, booking to October 2012. Phantom opened in London in '86 to mixed reviews but was a blockbuster with audiences.

I can't see Caissie's reps not putting in a clause in her contract stipulating a Broadway transfer - if the producers saw fit, that is. I can't really imagine her team not allowing her to have the option to re-create a character on Broadway that she originated in London.

Going back a time, Sarah Brightman actually had a harder time transferring with Phantom. Even though she was married to ALW - never mind the fact that the show was written for her - AEA didn't deem her to have the "star status" to allow her transfer, nor did they think there was not a number of comparable actresses who could do the part of Christine. AEA only backed down when Cameron Macintosh and ALW threw their weight around, and ALW agreed to cast an American actress in his next London premiere (Ann Crumb in Aspects of Love) in exchange. Regardless, when Phantom audition notices went out for BWay in '87 all roles were posted, as they are currently for Ghost on Broadway.

Again, it's all speculation at this point... and I do admit to a personal bias. I saw the show in London twice on a two-show day and Caissie is a powerhouse in the role.

But, as with anything, no guarantees.

Videos